Rutkowski was injured and two cats were killed after the blaze broke out on the back porch and spread to the kitchen, causing extensive damage to the home, according to news reports at the time. City fire officials later determined the propane gas grill caused the fire.
The lawsuit, filed by
In addition to
The lawsuit alleges each defendant failed to ensure the propane tank was safe for use. It seeks damages on several counts, including negligence, liability and breach of warranties.
Contact the writer:
[email protected]; 570-348-9137;
@tmbeseckerTT on Twitter
(c)2020 The Times-Tribune (Scranton, Pa.)
Visit The Times-Tribune (Scranton, Pa.) at thetimes-tribune.com
Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.