"We pride ourselves on being one of the most trusted health plans in the region, one that truly cares about the members it serves," said
Other benefits offered by Independence during Medicare's Annual Enrollment Period, taking place
* Lower premiums on most plans.
* Largest network of doctors and hospitals in the region.
* No co-pay increases for medical and Rx benefits, on most products.
* Lowered per day co-pays on inpatient hospital stays.
* Choice and Choice Plus supplemental programs that offer comprehensive dental services (dentures, fillings, extractions, some oral surgeries, and more), as well as fully covered routine vision and hearing exams annually.
* Quarterly allowance of
* Preferred retail pharmacy benefit that allows members to fill up to a 90-day supply of generic and preferred prescription drugs at a preferred pharmacy for the price of only two copayments.
* Preferred primary care physician (PCP) benefit that allows HMO members to visit one of hundreds of preferred in-network physicians with no copay or co-insurance.
* Telemedicine benefit that allows members to speak with a physician for non-urgent conditions over the phone or internet for only
Those signing up for an Independence Medicare Advantage plan in 2020 will also benefit from a SilverSneakers(R) fitness membership at no additional cost; routine podiatry and chiropractic coverage (in addition to the six visits Medicare offers); free annual physicals, and access to a nurse hotline 24 hours a day, seven days a week; and access to the personal health visit program through which members can meet with a nurse practitioner in their home or at another designated location to discuss their health, medications, and/or any other health-related questions that they may have.
Independence will also continue to offer Medicare Supplement plans, including MedigapFreedom products with GlobalFit, TruHearing, and Davis Vision for as low as
Prospective members can learn more about Independence's Medicare offerings by visiting www.ibxmedicare.com or calling 1-877-393-6733. They can also sign up for one of several free informational meetings being held now until the end of the year throughout southeastern
Enrollment rules and options
* * *