* Granting immediate foreclosure relief - HUD granted a 90-day moratorium on foreclosures and forbearance on foreclosures of
* Making mortgage insurance available - HUD's Section 203(h) program provides FHA insurance to disaster victims who have lost their homes and are facing the daunting task of rebuilding or buying another home. Borrowers from participating FHA-approved lenders are eligible for 100 percent financing, including closing costs;
* Making insurance available for both mortgages and home rehabilitation - HUD's Section 203(k) loan program enables those who have lost their homes to finance the purchase or refinance of a house along with its repair through a single mortgage. It also allows homeowners who have damaged houses to finance the rehabilitation of their existing single-family home;
* Information on housing providers and HUD programs - The Department will share information with
* Assisting the
* Offering Section 108 loan guarantee assistance - HUD will offer state and local governments federally guaranteed loans for housing rehabilitation, economic development and repair of public infrastructure.
Read about these and other HUD programs designed to assist disaster victims (http://www.hud.gov/info/disasterresources_dev.cfm).