"We are excited to reveal our 20-maneuver demonstration at Sun 'n Fun, our first show of the 2019 season," said
ABOUT THE AIRCRAFT (SNJ)
- The GEICO Skytypers fly six WWII SNJs, the
Navy'sequivalent of the Texas T-6. Both trainer aircraft were used to prepare pilots of "'The Greatest Generation" for combat.
- In 1940-41, the SNJ was built as an advanced WWII military training aircraft designed to perform all the maneuvers of a fighter plane at slower speeds.
- The aircraft is powered by a 600-horsepower
Pratt and Whitneyengine.
- The GEICO Skytypers' low-level precision-flying demonstration was designed by team members who served in
the United Statesmilitary.
- The GEICO Skytypers "skytype" by creating giant messages in the sky with five aircraft flying in a tight, line-abreast formation.
- The planes skytype by coordinating dot matrix-style messages with environmentally friendly puffs of white smoke.
- A computer located in the lead aircraft sends radio signals to the other planes and their white puffs of smoke create the "skytyped" messages that are often as tall as the
Empire State Buildingand seen from a 15-mile radius.
For more information, please visit www.geicoskytypers.com
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/geico-skytypers-air-show-team-returns-to-sun-n-fun-with-a-dynamic-aerial-demonstration-300821717.html
SOURCE GEICO Skytypers