Ahead of Hurricane Florence's arrival, the
In the next three days, residents in the Triangle should focus on preparing for what they will need or where they will go when heavy rain, flooding, power outages and strong winds occur.
Read more of our coverage of Hurricane Florence
Here are five things you should know on Tuesday, three days before Hurricane Florence appears in the Triangle:
1. Prepare: By the time Hurricane Florence reaches central
2. Power: Triangle residents should expect multi-day power outages. Duke Energy is anticipating Florence will bring bigger damage than Hurricane Matthew, which caused major flooding in entire towns in
3. Bottled water: Don't stress about the lack of water on grocery shelves. If you receive city water from
4. School cancellations: Several Triangle universities have canceled classes beginning as early as
5. Stay connected: Follow local emergency websites and social media accounts of your local government to stay up to date on weather and road conditions, and evacuation orders. Gov.
(c)2018 The News & Observer (Raleigh, N.C.)
Visit The News & Observer (Raleigh, N.C.) at www.newsobserver.com
Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.