During Fire Prevention Week (
Customers who order from participating Domino's stores throughout the
"Every year, Domino's stores look forward to teaming up with their local fire departments and the NFPA to spread fire safety messages in a fun and unexpected way," said
NFPA statistics show that the number of reported
"In a typical home fire, you may have as little as one to two minutes to escape safely from the time the smoke alarm sounds," said
Fire Safety Tips from Domino's and NFPA
- Make a home escape plan with your family. Draw a map of your home, showing all smoke alarms and exits.
- Plan two ways out of each room (usually a door and a window) and a path from each to the outside.
- Make sure at least one smoke alarm is installed on every level of the home, in each bedroom and near all sleeping areas. Push each smoke alarm's test button monthly to ensure it is working.
- Pick a meeting place outside of your home where everyone will gather in the event of a fire.
- Plan and practice your home escape plan at least twice a year.
Founded in 1896, NFPA is a global, nonprofit organization devoted to eliminating death, injury, property and economic loss due to fire, electrical and related hazards. The association delivers information and knowledge through more than 300 consensus codes and standards, research, training, education, outreach and advocacy; and by partnering with others who share an interest in furthering the NFPA mission. For more information, visit www.nfpa.org. All NFPA codes and standards can be viewed online for free at www.nfpa.org/freeaccess.
About Fire Prevention Week
NFPA has been the official sponsor of Fire Prevention Week since 1922. According to the
Founded in 1960,
Order – dominos.com
AnyWare Ordering – anyware.dominos.com
Company Info – biz.dominos.com
Twitter – twitter.com/dominos
Facebook – facebook.com/dominos
Instagram – instagram.com/dominos
YouTube – youtube.com/dominos
Please visit our Investor Relations website at biz.dominos.com to view news, announcements, investor presentations, earnings releases and conference webcasts.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/dominos-and-the-national-fire-protection-association-join-forces-to-deliver-fire-safety-messages-300928435.html