- Increased its total data collection to 44 trillion records.
BitSightnow processes 260 billion high-confidence, high-quality security findings for customers every day to provide an accurate view of an organization's current and historic security performance;
- Saw community-added data grow by 161% year-over-year, delivering greater context and enhancing ratings quality;
- Provided critical telemetry in partnership with Microsoft and law enforcement to disrupt the world's largest online criminal network; and
- Implemented a
Policy Review Boardto validate and evolve its rating methodology with feedback from rated companies, further demonstrating BitSight'scommitment to transparency.
- Solactive BitSight Cyber Risk Index: Together,
BitSightand Solactiveannounced the Solactive BitSight Cyber Risk Index, a financial index that will enable investors to invest in companies who are top cybersecurity performers, as measured by BitSight. BitSightfor Critical National Infrastructure: As more global governments work with BitSight'splatform, BitSightfor Critical National Infrastructure (CNI) enables governments, CERTs and National Law Enforcement organizations to measure, monitor, and investigate the cybersecurity risk of their country, industry sectors, and critical infrastructure companies.
- Attack Surface Analytics: BitSight Attack Surface Analytics allows users to assess security risk across assets in the cloud, geographics, subsidiaries, and even across the remote workforce. A centralized dashboard shows the location of an organization's digital assets and the corresponding cyber risk associated with each for quick remediation.
- SolarWinds Orion Breach: The cybersecurity world was shocked when SolarWinds announced that its Orion software was compromised.
BitSightworked swiftly with customers and partners to identify how many organizations were impacted and the prevalence of the compromised software in the days following the disclosure, and which best practices to implement based on hundreds of third party risk management workshops. The company was quickly positioned as a trusted authority on the impact.
- Pandemic Response: As businesses struggled amid the impact of COVID-19,
BitSightoffered customers the ability to monitor any companies for free through the end of the year, allowing them to continue prioritizing cyber risk management amid financial insecurity; 700 customers participated in this offer.
- COVID-19 and Work from Home: Amid the rapid and unexpected shift to remote workforces,
BitSightanalyzed more than 41,000 organizations and found that networks used to work from home are 3.5 times more likely to have malware present than the traditional corporate network. In response, BitSightintroduced Work From Home – Remote Office, through which organizations can discover security concerns evident on remote offices and networks, reducing risk that their networks and data will be compromised.
To continue advancing
As we continue to respond to the past year of upheaval and chart our path ahead, CEO