For many, reducing expenses means taking financial shortcuts with auto insurance, especially when driving an older vehicle. "Reducing insurance coverages in the hope of saving money isn't necessarily the best way to go," reports
There are a number of important considerations to consider before reducing the amount of coverage for vehicles in order to reduce expenses. When the amount of coverage is reduced, exposure to liability and higher out-of-pocket expenses increase. All drivers in
Before taking the step to lower auto insurance coverage to save money meet with an insurance agent to discover other options. An experienced insurance agent can review your driving record to find how a clean driving record saves money on auto insurance. "There are a number of discounts that can be applied," said the
Here are summaries of some of the discounts available from the
- Rates are lower for drivers with no tickets or accidents in the last 3 years. Safe driver discounts are available when there have been no accidents with an insured vehicle for at lease three years.
New State Farmcustomers may qualify for lower rates when they have not had a citation or accident for six or more years. Defensive driving courses, driver training discounts, and mature driver discounts are also available.
- Teen and college student drivers might qualify for discounts for good grades and taking advantage of
State Farm'sDriver Safety program for teens.
- The number of miles driven per year have a big impact on rates.
- Multiple vehicles owned by related members of the household may qualify for a multi-car discount.
- A certain number of consecutive years insured with
State Farmcan result in loyalty discounts.
- Carrying multiple lines of insurance with the same company typically qualify for a multiline discount.
Sitting down with the
John Donovan State Farm Insurance Agent
420 El Camino Real, Suite A