The American Council of Life Insurers elected its chair, officers and board of directors Monday at the 2021 ACLI Annual Conference.
ACLI member companies are leading providers of solutions that help 90 million American families meet their financial protection and retirement security needs, the group said in a news release. The chair and board of directors lead the industry association. They develop and advance federal and state policies that help all Americans access information and affordable tools for financial certainty and protection.
J. Scott Davison, chairman, president & CEO of the companies of OneAmerica, was elected ACLI Chair for 2022. He succeeds Ted Mathas, chairman & CEO of New York Life Insurance Company, who will serve as ACLI Immediate past chair for the coming year.
“Life insurers’ value to our nation and people has never been more apparent than it has this past year,” said ACLI President & CEO Susan Neely. “The financial protection we provide families, the income we offer retirees, the paid leave we offer workers and more have given people peace of mind through difficult times. In addition, the investments companies make fuels economic growth in communities across the country. Under Scott Davison’s and our board’s leadership, ACLI will advocate for policies that help all Americans benefit from the financial and economic certainty that our industry provides.”
ACLI also selected John Schlifske, Chairman & CEO of The Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Company, as Chair-elect. He will become ACLI Chair in 2023. Andrew Sullivan, Executive Vice President, Head of U.S. Business for Prudential Financial, was named Chair-elect Designate and will become ACLI Chair in 2024.
Serving on the ACLI Board of Directors through 2022 are:
• Marc-Andre Giguere, President & CEO, Munich Re U.S.;
• Dennis Glass, President & CEO, Lincoln Financial Group;
• James Hohmann, Chairman & CEO, Fidelity Life;
• Jasmine Jirele, President & CEO, Allianz Life;
• Margaret Meister, President & CEO, Symetra Financial LIC;
• Jess Merten, President, Financial Products, Allstate;
• Laura Prieskorn, CEO, Jackson Holdings LLC;
• Teresa Rasmussen, President & CEO, Thrivent Financial;
• Peter Schaefer, President & CEO, Hannover Re.
Serving on the ACLI Board of Directors through 2023 are:
• Richard Bielen, President & CEO, Protective Life Corporation;
• Brandon Carter, Chairman & President, USAA Life Insurance Company;
• John Carter, President & COO, Nationwide Financial;
• Michael Fosbury, President & CEO, Columbian Mutual Life Insurance Company;
• William Lester, President & CEO, Ameritas;
• Will Fuller, President & CEO, Transamerica;
• Rick McKenney, President & CEO, Unum Group;
• Jeff Poulin, CEO, Canada Life Reinsurance;
• Ramy Tadros, President, U.S. Business, MetLife.
Serving on the ACLI Board of Directors through 2024 are:
• Roger Crandall, Chairman, President & CEO, MassMutual;
• Esfand Dinshaw, Chairman & CEO, Sammons Financial Group;
• Kevin Hogan, Executive Vice President & CEO, Life and Retirement, AIG;
• Andrew McMahon, CEO & President, Guardian;
• Joseph Monk, Senior Vice President, Financial Services, President & CEO, SFFSB, State Farm Insurance Companies;
• Thomas Swank, President & CEO, American Enterprise;
• Barbara Turner, President & CEO, Ohio National;
• William Wheeler, President, Athene Holding Ltd.;
John Woerner, President, Insurance & Annuities, Chief Strategy Officer, Ameriprise Financial, Inc.