The program uses Vitality's unique Active Rewards with Apple Watch to:
- help Vitality members be motivated and encouraged to get more active,
- achieve their health goals,
- earn their Apple Watch, and
- enable a lower rate on life and/or medical insurance.
"Apple Watch will motivate and reward Vitality members to get active," said
Vitality Active Rewards is designed to work seamlessly with Apple Watch. Vitality members will be able to fully fund their Apple Watch by meeting monthly Vitality Active Rewards targets that are achievable over 24 months.
"Vitality shares our conviction that being active has a powerful impact on people's lives," said
Emerging data shows effectiveness of program
17,000 participants are already using Apple Watch in
- Vitality members using Apple Watch are more physically active than Vitality participants using any other fitness devices.
- Vitality members of every age, with varying prior levels of activity, smoking status and chronic illness, engaging in the program have all increased physical activity:
- Vitality members using Apple Watch increased their average weekly physical activity by 96% after joining Vitality Active Rewards.
Amgen, one of the world's leading biotechnology companies, DaVita HealthCare Partners, a leading independent medical group in America and leading global provider of kidney care, and Lockton, the world's largest privately owned, independent insurance brokerage firm, are among the pioneering employers making this program available in
"Amgen is committed to the health and well-being of its staff members," said
"We are proud to be the first company in the
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/vitality-motivates-members-to-get-more-active-with-apple-watch-300229268.html