Under the expanded coverage, producers will be reimbursed for 60% of feed transportation costs above what would have been incurred in a normal year. Feed transportation costs incurred on
Eligible locations include places where:
* Drought intensity is D2 (severe drought) for eight consecutive weeks as indicated by the
* Drought intensity is D3 (extreme drought) or greater; or
Previously, ELAP only compensated producers for the cost of hauling water. Hoeven has been making the case to USDA Secretary
"Our producers have faced severe challenges due to the drought this year and that includes increased feed transportation costs," said Hoeven. "After hosting FSA Administrator Ducheneaux in
The deadline to file an application for payment for the 2021 program year is
The expanded ELAP coverage is part of Hoeven's efforts to help producers weather the severe drought conditions. Additionally the senator is working to pass:
* Hoeven-Tester Livestock Disaster Relief Act to improve LFP and ELAP.
* Increases assistance under LFP to more accurately compensate producers for forage losses.
* Makes changes to ELAP to ensure it complements LFP by covering transportation costs for forage and water.
The Senator has also secured:
* Emergency procedures and new flexibilities from the
* Hoeven pressed for this flexibility during his recent drought tour with RMA Acting Administrator
* Providing flexibility to farmers when utilizing cover crops, which provide an additional source of feed for livestock producers.
* Following RMA Acting Administrator
Read this original document at: https://www.hoeven.senate.gov/news/news-releases/hoeven-secures-assistance-for-producers-feed-transportation-costs