* * *
* * *
In a speech on the
* Increases unemployment benefits for four months and expands unemployment insurance to self-employed and gig economy workers.
* Make rent, mortgage, and utility costs eligible for SBA loan forgiveness.
* Ban stock buybacks for the term of the government assistance plus one year on any company receiving a government loan from the bill.
* Establish robust worker protections attached to all federal loans for businesses.
* Create real-time public reporting of
* Provide income tax exclusion for individuals who are receiving student loan repayment assistance from their employer.
"I believe this new agreement, some three days after the original one was proposed, is an improvement. Credit should be given to both sides because
Video of Durbin's remarks on the
Audio of Durbin's remarks on the
Footage of Durbin's remarks on the