"Kroger's priority is to keep our customers and associates safe, informed, and uplifted," said
Kroger encourages customers to prepare in the following ways:
- Keep your car's fuel tank full in the event of an evacuation or should gas pumps become inoperable, and identify a safe evacuation route and shelter location.
- Stock up on non-perishable foods, and charcoal and lighter fluid in the case of lost power. You may also consider investing in a generator.
- Store enough water to provide two quarts to one gallon of water per person per day should safe drinking water become inaccessible. If you're caring for an infant, ensure you've stored feeding formula.
- Ensure you have an adequate supply of necessary medical prescriptions or over-the-counter medications.
- Finally, assemble a preparedness kit filled with supplies for three days, including flashlights, batteries, and first aid materials.
Kroger's Hurricane Preparedness Guarantee encourages customers to stock up on essential items with the assurance that if a forecasted storm does not make landfall, they can return any unused merchandise with a receipt for a full refund.
"We have friendly and caring associates who care for customers and one another every day, including during times of disasters," said
In the event of a hurricane threat, Kroger stores will remain open to serve customers unless conditions become unsafe or officials mandate an evacuation. Customers can follow Kroger on social media for storm updates and news about store, pharmacy, and fuel center operations.
For more information about hurricane safety and readiness, visit https://www.ready.gov/hurricanes.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/kroger-helps-customers-prepare-for-hurricane-season-300668562.html