The agencies, working with private landowners and others, will align management projects on separate but adjacent ownership types to maximize fuel reduction and forest restoration on a larger scale. It is the first step in implementing the "Shared Stewardship" agreement that Governor-elect Little and federal officials signed in December of 2018.
Part of the Shared Stewardship goal is to double the number of acres treated on federal forests in
* Governor's representative (Chair)
* Natural Resources Conservation Service
* County commissioner
* Large forest manufacturing representative
* Small forest manufacturing representative
* Industrial forest landowner representative
* Family forest landowner representative
* Conservation non-governmental organization representative
The group also may draw on technical expertise from temporary ad hoc members as needed.
The Shared Stewardship initiative builds on the success of the
Maps of the priority landscapes and other information about Shared Stewardship is available here.
"Advances in mapping technologies, remote sensing, and fire simulation tools enable land managers to evaluate the most desirable locations for projects," Northern Region Forester
"We must demonstrate in