"Our Purpose has always been to look out for people – our neighbors, friends, businesses and local communities. We empathize with the
Huntington also announced several immediate financial-relief measures to alleviate economic hardship experienced by its customers in the
"Our Purpose guides us to serve those affected by this terrible, unexpected tragedy and to help provide some relief to our customers who are suffering in our local communities," said
Customers in need of financial assistance may visit Huntington branches with drive-thrus across the
Huntington is offering the following relief measures specifically for
- Disaster Relief Loan Program: Huntington has created a temporary Disaster Relief Loan Program to assist borrowers seeking funds for home repairs. The disaster relief loan program offers a discounted rate to help customers who may need money for immediate expenses. The program will be in place starting
Tuesday, May 26, for the next 30 days but may be extended as the situation evolves. Please contact your local branch for availability in your area.
- Consumer and Small Business Payment Deferral Programs: Huntington is offering 90 days of payment deferrals.
- Business Loans and Lines of Credit through the
Small Business Administration(SBA): Huntington can help secure lines of credit up to $25,000, guaranteed by the SBA, with no bank or SBA fees and with low fixed rates, as well as SBA Special Product for Disaster Support term loans with no bank fee and ability to finance the SBA fee.
- Suspension of Late Fees on Consumer and Business Loans: Our Customer Assistance teams are prepared to help any borrower impacted by the flooding in
Michiganby waiving any incurred late fees and providing payment relief.
- Payment Assistance for Personal Credit Lines and Credit Cards:
- Personal Credit Line Payment Assistance – Contact (800) 250-6660 Monday-Friday
8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. ET
- Consumer Credit Card Payment Assistance – Contact us Monday-Friday
8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.and Saturdays 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. ET. This line will be open on the Memorial Dayholiday.
- For payments that are current, contact (614) 480-6522
- For payments that are past due, contact (800) 372-772
- Suspension of Foreclosure Program: Huntington is suspending foreclosure actions for resident properties through June.
- Repossession Halt Program: Huntington is suspending repossession actions for resident vehicles, RVs or marine crafts through June.
Additionally, Huntington has established programs in place to help consumers navigate financial uncertainty:
- Homeowner Payment Help: Huntington can help customers needing assistance in making mortgage loan payments. Those needing assistance can visit a branch by appointment only or go to: https://www.huntington.com/Personal/mortgage-education-tools/payment-help
- Auto Loan Payment Assistance: Huntington can help customers having difficulty making auto loan payments. Customers may contact the
Installment Loan Customer Service Departmentat (800) 445-8460, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET Monday through Friday.
Huntington accounts are always accessible 24/7 using ATMs, huntington.com, online chat feature, by phone or the Huntington Mobile app.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/huntington-commits-150-000-to-help-residents-in-aftermath-of-great-lakes-bay-region-flooding-301064507.html