The real estate tax rate increase, which also passed unanimously, means that residents with a home valued at
The new tax rate is a penny higher than City Manager
"I just want to acknowledge, since I've been on the board, this year working with
Here's a breakdown:
* Water and sewer fees will increase 10 percent to cover operating costs, debt service and future capital needs. Median water and sewer users, defined as those using 6,700 gallons of water every two months, will see their total two-month water and sewer bill jump from
* Residents who use the city's trash and recycling collection services could also see their bills go up 10 percent. The last time those fees were raised was in 2015. The increase this time is for several reasons, including the
* Planning Division fees will increase for such things as zoning and land use applications, plan reviews and land disturbance permits. A major change is that the land disturbance permits will be paid when the permit is issued instead of upfront during the review phase.
* The Building Division has increased its fees for new residential construction by
* Payment in lieu of providing an on-site parking space in the
* The asset limit for the city's Elderly and Disabled Tax Relief program will increase from
In other business,
Get our daily Headlines Newsletter
(c)2019 The Free Lance-Star (Fredericksburg, Va.)
Visit The Free Lance-Star (Fredericksburg, Va.) at www.fredericksburg.com/flshome
Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.