|Federal Information & News Dispatch, Inc.|
Notice Type: Sources Sought Notice
Subject: Single Family Homeowner Refunds &
Classification Code: R - Professional, administrative, and management support services
Solicitation Number: 2014-H-0007
Place of Performance (address): 451 7 th StreetWashington, DC
Place of Performance (zipcode): 20410
Place of Performance Country: US
Community Service/Housing Support Div
THIS IS NOT A SOLICITATION: RESPONSES TO THIS ANNOUNCEMENT WILL NOT BE RETURNED, NOR ANY ENSUING DISCUSSIONS OR DEBRIEFINGS OF ANY RESPONSES. This is a SOURCES SOUGHT NOTICE to determine the availability and capability of qualified small businesses (including certified 8(a), Small Disadvantaged, HUBZone firms; veteran and service-disabled veteran-owned small businesses, and women-owned small businesses) to provide services that consist of maintaining and operating Single Family Insurance Operations Division's (SFIOD)
Background: SFIOD is responsible to provide information services, via SFIOD Systems, to homeowners, lenders, the public, Home Ownership Centers, and other government organizations related to
Professionally, courteously, and accurately answer telephone inquiries and perform research and financial analysis for SFIOD. The topics of the inquiries may include: SFPCS; distributive shares; premium refunds; Tracer Found Cases and forms; Upfront, and data corrections/updates;
Professionally, courteously, and accurately take telephone messages and requests. When necessary, make referrals for actions listed above in item a;
Refer inquiries, referrals, and messages requiring further action to appropriate SFIOD offices daily, but more often if changed circumstances require;
Provide system generated daily, weekly, and monthly reports to HUD on telephone assistance/data update services. The format for reporting must be approved by the GTR prior to use;
Complete outbound calls that includes callbacks to homeowners, lenders, Home Ownership Center staff and Third Party Tracers from retrieved calls on the after hours voicemail box and referrals that require additional information;
Perform an initial review of received Forms HUD-27050-B, Application for Premium Refund or Distributive Share Payment, (Part-B) and additional documentation for proof of eligibility of MIP refund or refund payment status or verify scanned Form HUD-27050-B documents are imaged on CDs.
Provide for normal day-to-day maintenance and operation of call management (Interactive Voice Response System) services used in conjunction with the telephone assistance/data update service. The call management services shall be available seven (7) days a week. Changes to messages must be approved by the appropriate GTM and the GTR prior to use.
All services shall be available five (5) days a week (Monday through Friday), with the necessary software to accommodate the data transmission requirements.
Ensure that each employee is able to use selected screens in the HUD databases and/or appropriate HUD approved or HUD supplied materials to respond to most of the basic types of inquiries that may be received and prepare referrals of telephone messages to HUD personnel for daily transmission. Hands-on training on the various HUD mainframe screens needed to respond to homeowner/lender inquiries will be provided. Subsequent training of provider personnel will be the responsibility of the provider.
Interfaces with HINET and the HUD mainframes. Also provide one adequate technical staff to support the users, as well as the daily operations of the
Staff and maintain a facility of sufficient size to accommodate the personnel and equipment necessary for performance of the requirements specified in this task. The facility must be secured to protect Government property, which will be stored/installed on the premises.
Maintain a Disaster Recovery Site as a backup to the
1. Telephone assistance and data update service staff shall respond to telephone inquiries
Received from the homeowners, lenders, the general public, Third Party tracers, Home Ownership Center personnel, and referred calls from HUD Headquarters concerning distributive shares, and Upfront refunds, using a combination of both on line and printed materials to answer verbally and through data updates to generate appropriate correspondence or forms. Inquiries may include, but are not limited to such items as:
* General information about the distributive shares; * Upfront mortgage insurance refund programs; * Person's eligibility to receive a payment of distributive share or an Upfront mortgage insurance premium refund; * Status of processing a claim for payment (Form HUD- 27050-B); * Information on Third Party Tracer procedures; * Status of Third Party Tracer claims; * Verification and request for changes to mailing addresses and issuance of claim forms and correspondence; * Requests for initiation of check tracing action; and * Information on erroneous payments and requirements for "proof of ownership".
2. Each refund inquiry shall result in one or more actions:
* Immediate resolution by the appropriate verbal response at the time of the telephone call; * Resolve by generating the appropriate form or letter through the HUD application during the telephone call; and * Referrals including supporting documentation are sent via email twice a day at
Provide written procedures, checklists, and scripts in order to answer inquiries. Responding to inquiries and generating referrals will be covered in the contractor staff training. Notified by the GTM when referrals are sent to HUD Headquarters staff that should have been addressed by the contractor personnel. Referrals including supporting documentation should be prepared and sent via email to appropriate HUD staff on a daily basis. The estimated number of referrals sent to HUD staff will be 100 to 1,000 per month.
3. The telephone assistance and data update service staff shall answer SFIOD telephone requests from homeowners, lenders, Third Party Tracers, the general public, and Home Ownership Center personnel concerning single family mortgage insurance programs; premium calculation and billing; portfolio servicing and reconciliation; and mortgage insurance premium refunds or Distributive Shares.
Requests include, but are not limited to such items as:
Clarification of Mortgagee Letters related to Single Family Insurance Premium programs; Issuance of a Premium Endorsement Report (PER) for a lender; Clarification of specific refinance transactions; Verification of correct FHA case number; Verification of correct property address; Distributing correspondence requests for check tracing to HUD; and Verification of correct mailing addresses for upfront premiums.
4. Each request shall result in one or more of the following actions:
Immediate resolution by the appropriate verbal response at the time of the telephone call; and resolve by data update corrections and generation of an appropriate form or letter through the appropriate HUD application at the time of the call.
5. IVRS (Interactive Voice Response System) call management services shall be available 24 hours a day, seven (7) days a week. The system should provide for a separate lender mailbox for lender inquiries.
6. The contractor services will handle an average 4,800 to 7,000 operator assisted calls per month. The average monthly volume of operated assisted calls from
7. The contractor shall process and complete 500 to 2,000 callbacks per month which includes returned calls from the after hour voice mailbox and when additional information is needed for referrals. The average monthly volume of callbacks from
8. The contractor shall maintain two Spanish speaking operators who have the capability to read documentation in Spanish returned with applications, to assist customers over the phone that are Spanish speaking, and to assist Spanish speaking inquiries. HUD Headquarters staff shall refer and forward the calls and documentation from Spanish speaking customers and lenders to contractor staff to respond. 9. The contractor shall perform a review of approximately 750 to 2,500 Applications for Premium Refund or Distributive Share Payment (Form HUD-27050-B) per month. The contractor will verify on HUD system that refund payment was made and will verify that Form HUD-27050-B is properly imaged on CD. The average number of monthly Forms HUD-27050-B processed from
The NAICS Code is 561421 Telephone Answering Services and the size standard is
1. Company name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone and FAX numbers, website address (if available), and the name, telephone number, and e-mail address of a point of contact having the authority and knowledge to clarify responses with Government representatives. 2. Name, title, telephone number, and e-mail addresses of individuals who can verify the demonstrated capabilities identified in the responses. 3. Business size for NAICS XXXX (size standard $ or number of employees) and status, if qualified as an 8(a) firm (must be certified by SBA), Small Disadvantaged Business (must be certified by SBA), Woman-Owned Small Business, HUBZone firm (must be certified by SBA), and/or Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (must be listed in the VetBiz Vendor Information Pages). 4. DUNS number, CAGE Code, Tax Identification Number, and company structure (
Teaming arrangements are acceptable, and the information required above on the company responding to this announcement, should also be provided for each entity expected to be teammates of the respondent for performance of this work.
To the maximum extent possible, please submit non-proprietary information. Any proprietary information submitted should be identified as such and will be properly protected from disclosure.
This notice is for planning purposes only, and does not constitute an Invitation for Bids, a Request for Proposals, a Solicitation, and a Request for Quotes, or an indication the Government will contract for the items contained in this announcement. This request is not to be construed as a commitment on the part of the Government to award a contract, nor does the Government intend to pay for any information submitted as a result of this request. The Government will not reimburse respondents for any cost associated with submission of the information being requested or reimburse expenses incurred to interested parties for responses to this announcement.
Responses to this announcement will not be returned, nor any ensuing discussions or debriefings of any responses. However, information obtained as a result of this announcement may be reflected in the subsequent solicitation, and HUD, OHP may contact one or more respondents for clarifications and to enhance the Government's understanding. This announcement is Government market research, and may result in revisions in both its requirements and its acquisition strategy based on industry responses. RESPONDENTS MUST SUBMIT CAPABILITY STATEMENT VIA E-MAIL to
|Copyright:||(c) 2013 Federal Information & News Dispatch, Inc.|