|Targeted News Service|
"The Affordable Care Act is delivering security and savings for millions across the country - helping millions of seniors pay less for their prescription drug costs, enabling millions of young adults to stay on their parents' coverage until age 26, making quality, affordable insurance available for millions of uninsured Americans, and at long last establishing that being a woman is not a pre-existing condition," Leader Pelosi said. "The Affordable Care Act has ended some of the worst practices of the insurance companies and given Americans new confidence that their coverage will be there for them when they need it most."
Thanks to the Affordable Care Act, in
* 8,061,000 individuals on private insurance have gained coverage for at least one free preventive health care service such as a mammogram, birth control, or an immunization in 2011 and 2012. In the first eleven months of 2013 alone, an additional 2,115,600 people with
* The up to 16,133,000 individuals with pre-existing conditions such as asthma, cancer, or diabetes - including up to 2,236,000 children - will no longer have to worry about being denied coverage or charged higher prices because of their health status or history.
* Approximately 7,559,000 Californians have gained expanded mental health and substance use disorder benefits and/or federal parity protections.
* 5,560,000 uninsured Californians will have new health insurance options through
* As a result of new policies that make sure premium dollars work for the consumer, not just the insurer, in the past year insurance companies have sent rebates averaging
* In the first ten months of 2013, 282,900 seniors and people with disabilities have saved on average
* 435,000 young adults have gained health insurance because they can now stay on their parents' health plans until age 26.
* Individuals no longer have to worry about having their health benefits cut off after they reach a lifetime limit on benefits, and starting in January, 12,092,000 Californians will no longer have to worry about annual limits, either.
* Health centers have received
"Despite the fact that so many millions nationwide are seeing the tangible protections and savings of the Affordable Care Act, Republicans continue their obsession with repeal. Republicans should stop trying to pull the rug out from under the millions of seniors, children, women and families who depend on the Affordable Care Act for the affordable, quality health coverage they need," said Leader Pelosi. "It's time for Republicans to stop rooting for failure, and start working with Democrats to strengthen the health law for all Americans."
Click here (http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/docs/national_cost_of_repeal_report.pdf) for the
Click here (http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/docs/state_by_state_cost_of_repeal_report.pdf) for the
TNS 30VitinMar-131221-4586097 30VitinMar
|Copyright:||(c) 2013 Targeted News Service|