|Targeted News Service|
Here are the school district's top ten developments:
* Digital convergence - Educational technology brings learning into the 21st century with interactive boards, tablets, laptops, and wi-fi in all schools. http://digital.dadeschools.net/
* Students are being encouraged to "Bring Your Own Device" (BYOD) for the first time, to help them transition into the digital learning environment using their own electronic device. http://wifi.dadeschools.net/
* Fifty-two new magnet programs will offer students a world of choices, including iTech at
* The Dadeschools Mobile App, available for iPhone and Android, will give parents and students detailed information about class schedules and bus assignments, with many more information sources to be added. http://news.dadeschools.net/releases/rls14/024_mobile.html
* Success coaches will provide every child a school advocate to help identify strengths and weaknesses.
* The District will collaborate with local technology industries to provide training, internships, and job opportunities for students with autism. http://ese.dadeschools.net/
* Wellness coaches at every school will promote wellness activities among employees.
* The Florida Standards Assessment -
* Parents can now apply online for free- or reduced price lunches for their children. https://freeandreducedmealapp.dadeschools.net/ The District's colorful Food Truck will visit schools to introduce students to flavorful, healthy new meal choices. And there is free breakfast every day at every school for every student."
For additional information on any of our programs, visit us online at www.dadeschools.net.
|Copyright:||(c) 2014 Targeted News Service|