|Targeted News Service|
"The individuals chosen to serve on this board represent a broad diversity of experience and expertise," said
According to state law, membership on the board must include representation from outside the seven-county Metro area. One of the six members must have experience representing the needs of vulnerable populations and persons with disabilities. All appointed members of the board have demonstrated that they do not have any conflicts of interest. Board members appointed today by
The Board's Responsibilities
The appointed board will hold its first meeting in May. The board's responsibilities are outlined below.
* Establish MNsure budget, employ personnel and delegate responsibilities to the Director and other personnel;
* Establish certification requirements for insurance producers;
* Establish policies and procedures for operation of a navigator program, in-person assister program, call center, and customer service provisions, to be implemented beginning
* Ensure customer assistance information is accessible to persons with disabilities, and that information on public health care programs include information about other coverage options for persons with disabilities;
* Establish certification requirements for health carriers and health plans;
* Establish policies and procedures for the selection of health plans to be offered as qualified health plans; and
* Establish advisory committees as needed.
What is MNsure?
MNsure is a competitive marketplace that enables consumers to compare health plans side-by-side, access federal tax credits for affordable coverage, and enroll in Medical Assistance. An estimated 1.3 million Minnesotans are expected to access quality health coverage using MNsure by 2016. To find out more about MNsure, visit http://mn.gov/hix.
TNS C-Santpan-Santpan 130501-4324335 71Santosh
|Copyright:||(c) 2013 Targeted News Service|