|Copyright:||(c) 2011 PRWEB.COM Newswire|
The case against
According to court documents, the defendants are accused of the following
• Failure to pay overtime wages for hours worked in excess of eight hours per day/40 hours per week
• Lack of providing uninterrupted meal-and-rest periods, and failing to pay adequate compensation for work performed during these periods
• Lack of reimbursement for expenditures or losses incurred by employees for use of their personal vehicles during work hours
• Lack of reimbursement for expenditures required to purchase and maintain company uniforms
• Failure to furnish accurate and itemized wage statements and failure to maintain accurate payroll records
The lawsuit goes on to say that in
"This is a classic example of big business putting profits ahead of people," said
Chase says this case is particularly egregious given that a majority of the alleged Coca-Cola labor law violations were based on requirements and/or conditions the company imposed upon its employees, such as working overtime without adequate compensation, working through meal-and-rest breaks without adequate compensation, using personal vehicles during work hours without reimbursing associated expenses, and requiring uniforms without making financial provisions for the purchase or maintenance of those uniforms.
"Beyond that, we believe the evidence will show Coca-Cola and its affiliates blatantly violated the most basic labor codes by failing to provide accurate earnings statements reflecting hours worked and wages owed," said Chase.
The lawsuit was initially filed in
Attorneys for BISNAR CHASE, who are evaluating whether a motion to remand is warranted, are seeking damages for unpaid wages, overtime compensation, premium wages for work performed through meal-and-rest periods, unreimbursed expenses and civil penalties pursuant to
About BISNAR CHASE
The California Employment Attorneys of BISNAR CHASE (http://www.BestAttorney.com) represent people who have been the victims of employer abuse which includes wage and overtime claims, wrongful termination, sexual harassment claims, disability discrimination, overtime pay claims, breach of contract complaints and more. The firm specializes in representing people and never businesses, corporations, insurance companies or governmental agencies. BISNAR CHASE has helped thousands of people with traffic accidents, defective products, dog bites, nursing home abuse, traumatic brain injuries and paralysis cases. For more information, please visit http://www.BestAttorney.com.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2011/11/prweb8949213.htm