The Strategic Insurance Investment (SII) Summit is thrilled to announce that Anne Melissa Dowling, acting director of the Illinois Department of Insurance, will be presenting a keynote speech at the 8th SII Summit in Chicago on Dec. 6.
Director Dowling, a former deputy commissioner of the Connecticut Insurance Department and a chartered financial analyst with more than 25 years of experience in financial services, will address this first-ever Midwest gathering of senior-level insurance professionals who are responsible for investment decisions at their respective companies.
Illinois’ top insurance regulator oversees one of the nation’s most robust and competitive insurance marketplaces, with 192 property and casualty insurers, 39 life insurers and 41 health insurers. She will offer insights on the state of the insurance marketplace, and discuss recent topical issues of critical importance to insurers and policyholders.
In addition to Dowling, a broad range of industry thought leaders are scheduled to speak at the day-long SII Summit Midwest, including:
· Jerry de St. Paer, Director of SCOR USA
· Waymond Harris, Director of Investments, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan;
· Tim M. Howald, Investment Manager, Columbia Insurance Group;
· James Rieger, Managing Director and Global Head of Fixed Income, S&P Dow Jones
· John Simone, Head of Insurance Solutions, Voya Investments
· and senior executives from Barings Capital, Schroders and Delaware Investments.
Hot topics to be discussed at the summit include: ‘Squeezing Yield out of Low Interest Rates; Portfolio Management Strategies for Mutual and Non-stock Companies; Alternative Investment Strategies; Regulatory and Rating Agency View of Investment Risk; and Synthesizing Big Data to Enhance Investment Yield.
SII Summit prides itself on bringing together some of the biggest names in the industry to share their views and insights. Previous speakers have included these industry luminaries:
• Eric Kirsch, Global CIO of Aflac
• Terry Lillis, CFO of Principal Financial
• Beth Bombara, CFO of The Hartford
• Kevin Walker, President & CEO, San Francisco Re
• Brad Wilson, President and CEO, Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina
• May Seeman, President and CEO, MEAG New York Corp.
• Michael Bos, head of ALM, Munich Re Group
• Wolf Becke, Director, Hannover Life Re America and Swiss Life Holding AG
• Lee Launer, Former CEO of Fidelity & Guaranty Life
The Strategic Insurance Investment (SII) Summits have become the pre-eminent gathering of senior insurance executives to discuss investment-related issues in these turbulent, dynamic times. You will find additional information, including agenda, registration and sponsorship information, on the SII Summit web site here: http://siisummit.com/
Contact: David Dankwa, Editorial Director/Conference Producer
[email protected]; 732-328-9118