Alexa, the voice service that powers Amazon's Echo, provides capabilities, or skills, that enable customers to interact with devices in a more intuitive way using voice. The new Safeco and Liberty Mutual Alexa skill will grant users instant, voice-controlled access to get a quote through Liberty Mutual or direct them to a Safeco-appointed independent agent, along with other automated services that provide additional clarity and control during the insurance selection process.
"We are redefining how auto and homeowners shop for and learn about insurance," said
The Safeco "Insurance Advisor" skill for Alexa is available beginning today and allows consumers to:
- Access an "insurance glossary" where they can learn about and familiarize themselves with insurance terminology
- Find a nearby agent so they can get a quote on insurance
- Contact an independent insurance agent to get answers to more difficult questions they might have about insurance
The Liberty Mutual skill for Alexa will be available this fall and will allow consumers to:
- Obtain an auto insurance estimate by interacting with the Liberty Mutual "Guestimator™" tool via voice
- Receive actionable advice on common seasonal home and auto worries
- This advice will give consumers direct access to Liberty Mutual's new online resource, MasterThis™ where they can get strategies and solutions to overcome worries like preparing for a roadside emergency or moving into a new home.
Gartner, Inc. has predicted that by 2018, a full 30 percent of our interactions with technology will be through "conversations" with smart machines. Amazon Alexa gives prospective Liberty Mutual and Safeco customers a whole new way to interact with the insurance company on their terms.
Since the launch of Alexa Skills Kit (ASK), Amazon developers have now released more than 2,000 skills for Alexa, the cloud-based virtual assistant behind Amazon Echo,
In business since 1912, and headquartered in
As a leading personal insurance provider,
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/your-own-personal-insurance-concierge-liberty-mutual-insurance-announces-first-insurance-focused-amazon-alexa-skill-300325703.html