“We recognize the unique needs of our senior care customers, and the impact the right tools and solutions can have in achieving true interoperability,” said
For most long-term care facilities, prescriptions are traditionally phoned or faxed to the pharmacy. In fact, fewer than 10 percent of long-term and post-acute care (LTPAC) providers are enabled to use the NCPDP SCRIPT 10.6 standard for e-prescribing according to a survey by LeadingAge’s
“With 10,000 people turning 65 every day, we are committed to supporting the long-term and post-acute care market by partnering with PointClickCare to offer their providers access to critical patient prescription information through our nationwide network,” said
Providers using the PointClickCare platform will have access to a suite of solutions from
- NewRx: Routes open orders and discharge prescriptions to long-term care, retail and mail-order pharmacies.
- Census: Notifies the pharmacy of patient status changes, such as when a patient is admitted to or leaving a facility, or when his/her information changes (room number, insurance, etc.).
- RxFill: Notifies the prescriber about the status of a prescription, whether it was picked up, partially dispensed or never dispensed (i.e., patient did not pick up the medication or the medication will not be dispensed at the present time).
- Resupply: Allows facilities, such as those for LTPAC, to request additional quantity of a patient’s medication from the pharmacy.
- CancelRx: Cancels prescriptions that have been sent to community pharmacies.
- Electronic Prescribing for Controlled Substances (EPCS): Provides a streamlined electronic workflow for controlled substance prescriptions.
PointClickCare users can learn more about