The I.I.I. can provide coverage information and claims filing tips, as well as historical data and background on hurricanes, tropical storms, flooding and other catastrophes, including the following:
- Catastrophe Insurance Issues backgrounder
- Facts and statistics on
Flood Insuranceand Hurricanes
- Hurricane Fact Files and Market Share by State (including
Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolinaand the Northeast).
- Facts and statistics on Tornadoes
Wind damage from tropical storms, hurricanes and tornadoes is covered under standard homeowners, renters and business insurance policies. Flood damage resulting from heavy rain, storm surge and hurricanes is excluded under standard policies. Flood coverage is available, however, from
Damage to cars from tropical storms or hurricanes is covered under the optional comprehensive portion of an auto insurance policy. This includes wind damage, flooding and even falling objects such as tree limbs.
I.I.I. spokespeople are available for interviews and can also arrange for you to speak with other I.I.I. subject matter experts.
Lynne McChristian: 813-480-6446; [email protected]
- Elianne González (Spanish-language):954-684-4410; [email protected]
Bill Davis, Southeastern Media Representative: 770-331-9279; [email protected] Michael Barry, Vice President, Media Relations: 917-923-8245; [email protected] Jeanne Salvatore, Senior Vice President, Chief Communications Officer: 917-612-4088; [email protected] Loretta Worters, Vice President, Communications: 917-620-0982; [email protected]
Other online resources available to reporters include:
- Disaster Planning for Older Adults
Homeowners and Renters Insurance
- Insuring Your Business: Small Business Owners' Guide to Insurance
- Preparing an Evacuation Plan
- Settling an Insurance Claim After a Disaster
- Are You Underinsured?
- Disaster Planning with Pets
- Don't Be a
Dummy About Flood Insurance
- Filing a Homeowners Insurance Claim: Six Steps
Home Inventory Software
- Making Your Home More Hurricane-Resistant: Five Steps
THE I.I.I. IS A NONPROFIT, COMMUNICATIONS ORGANIZATION SUPPORTED BY THE INSURANCE INDUSTRY.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/media-advisory--iii-insurance-experts-available-over-labor-day-weekend-to-discuss-insurance-implications-of-hurricanes-tropical-storms-and-flooding-300322135.html