For Spanish language interviews, contact Elianne González at 954-684-4410; firstname.lastname@example.org.
I.I.I. also has Spanish video resources including downloadable MP4 format on disaster related issues such as these:
- Insurance and disaster planning (SP)
- Homeowners, renters and flood insurance (SP)
- How to prepare for filing a claim (SP)
- Danger lurch after a disaster: floods, dishonest contractors and other fraud schemes (SP)
The I.I.I. can provide information about how insurance coverage works, provide insight into the claims process and explain steps the people impacted by the storm can take to speed up the recovery process. Additional resources include the following:
- Catastrophes: Insurance Issues
- Facts and Statistics on flood insurance and hurricanes
- Hurricane Fact Files and Market Share by State (including
Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and the Northeast).
Wind damage from tropical storms and hurricanes is covered under standard homeowners, renters and business insurance policies. Flood damage resulting from heavy rain, storm surge and hurricanes is excluded under standard policies. Flood coverage is available, however, from
Damage to cars is covered under the optional comprehensive portion of an auto insurance policy. This includes wind damage, flooding and even falling objects such as tree limbs.
THE I.I.I. IS A NONPROFIT, COMMUNICATIONS ORGANIZATION SUPPORTED BY THE INSURANCE INDUSTRY.