As in years past, there may be slight benefit changes or rate increases, but the fundamentals of
- Open Enrollment Runs
Oct. 15 through Dec. 7
This should not be confused with ACA "open enrollment," which starts
- Advice Is Available
There's help available to select the right plan for you.
Arizonaboasts a large, knowledgeable broker community. Some will visit your home and others will hold local seminars.
- Most Individuals Become Eligible Around Age 65
Most people are eligible to enroll when they turn 65. Eligible seniors can actually enroll three months before the month of their 65th birthday, the month of their 65th birthday and three months after that same birthday.
Medicarehas a lot different eligibility requirements that can found at www.Medicare.gov.
- Plan Information Is Online in Many Places
To find out more about
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona's Medicaresolutions visit us online at www.azblue.com/aep2017 or call (888)288-0019 (toll-free) or 711 (TTY) daily from 8 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.local time.
Learn more about
Medicarein general by visiting www.Medicare.gov.
- 5) New Enrollees Need to Be Aware of Plan Differences
There are many options when it comes to
Medicare. If you're switching from an employer plan to a Medicareplan, be aware there can be significant differences between the two plan types. For example, your doctor may no longer be part of the network or you may need prior authorization for some services you didn't previously. Here are other considerations as you switch plans.
- What are the costs associated with the plan? Those are deductibles, premiums, copays and out-of-pocket.
- Is your doctor in the plan's network?
- Will your prescription drugs be covered and are there limits?
- What are the plan's customer satisfaction scores?
- Will you have access to wellness programs or fitness discounts?
- What medical services are most important to you and are they covered?
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/helping-seniors-focus-on-what-they-need-to-do-for-annual-enrollment-300338132.html