- Community events and online resources available to help people before Medicare’s annual Open Enrollment Period,
Oct. 15-Dec. 7
- Campaign supporters include UnitedHealthcare, Walgreens, Caregiver Action Network,
National Association of Area Agencies on Aging, SilverSneakers, AARPand others
In its fifth year, National Medicare Education Week begins one month before the start of Medicare’s annual Open Enrollment Period (
With more than 56 million Americans enrolled in
Education Opportunities in Local Communities
National Medicare Education Week’s popular event series returns this year, with UnitedHealthcare hosting events in more than 20 cities around the country. At the events:
- Local UnitedHealthcare representatives will present information and answer frequently asked
Medicarequestions. Ninety-six percent of last year’s event attendees said their understanding of Medicareimproved as a result of participating in National Medicare Education Week events.
- Walgreens will be onsite and make available pneumonia and/or flu vaccinations at select National Medicare Education Week community events across the country.1
- To see the list of 2016 events and reserve a spot, visit NMEW.com.
People can also participate in National Medicare Education Week through a wide range of easy-to-use digital resources including:
Medicareeducation information on the newly redesigned MedicareMadeClear.com, now available in Spanish, Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese and Polish in order to help more people learn in their preferred language.
- A Facebook Q&A (www.facebook.com/medicaremadeclear/events) session hosted by UnitedHealthcare on
Thursday, Sept. 15, from 2 to 4 p.m. CT, where people eligible for Medicareand their loved ones can get answers to their Medicarequestions from experts in real-time.
“Health care coverage options can be overwhelming, but selecting a
National Medicare Education Week supporters include: Walgreens, Caregiver Action Network,
For more information about National Medicare Education Week, visit NMEW.com.
UnitedHealthcare is dedicated to helping people nationwide live healthier lives by simplifying the health care experience, meeting consumer health and wellness needs, and sustaining trusted relationships with care providers. The company offers the full spectrum of health benefit programs for individuals, employers, military service members, retirees and their families, and
Plans are insured through
1 Charges may apply. Walgreens will ask for your insurance card, or accept cash or check. Vaccines are subject to availability. State, age- and health-related restrictions may apply.