“California is home to startups and established small companies of all kinds that could benefit from a technology-driven solution to expand choice, improve decision-making and ease the administrative burden of managing benefits,” said
- 76% of consumers surveyed are concerned that healthcare will increase in cost and complexity
- Less than half (48%) feel their level of healthcare will be maintained in the next five years
Not surprisingly, employers are concerned about costs too, but they also worry about attracting and retaining talent:
- Nearly 60% of employers are concerned about how competitive their benefits are versus other employers
- 77% of employers indicated that their highest priority is to ensure that employees see the value of the healthcare benefits they are offered.
- The vast majority (80%), of employees indicated that a competitive healthcare benefits package is important to them; and even more so among those under 30.
“The war for talent is something that all employers are dealing with and we know that offering a comprehensive benefits package is still an important part of the equation to attract the right people,” continued Laurin.
For more information on
Fidelity’s goal is to make financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. With assets under administration of
The third party trademarks appearing herein are the property of their respective owners.
1 Source: Fidelity online survey of employees and benefit decision makers conducted May/