According to the
"Over the years, I have seen the physical, emotional, and financial impact on a family that comes with the fight against cancer." said Maloy. "We want to remind consumers that purchasing the right supplemental insurance plan can help cover out-of-pocket costs and provide peace of mind when they need it most."
Major medical insurance helps to cover some of the costs of cancer treatment, but on top of paying for medicine and doctor visits, patients still have to pay for their regular living expenses—such as mortgage, car payments, etc. These costs are not covered by typical major medical insurance, and many people lack cancer insurance coverage that can help pay for the non-medical costs.
"With hundreds of women and families impacted by this disease in our own communities, it is important to review your protection—especially during this month when breast cancer is top of mind." she said.
Features and benefits to look for when considering purchasing a cancer insurance policy include:
- An insurance company with an established history, financial stability, and a high rating by insurance industry rating organizations
- A flexible plan that can be tailored to the needs of an individual or family
- A plan with guaranteed renewability for the principal insured's lifetime
- A plan that provides for benefit payments to be made directly to the insured or insured's designee
- No reduction in benefits, regardless of the insured's age or number of claims previously paid
Founded in 1922 by
- Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/CombinedIns
- Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/CombinedInsuranceUnitedStates
- Connect with us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/combined-insurance
- View our videos on
- Follow us on Instagram: www.instagram.com/combinedinsurance
- Read more on our blog, Supplementally Speaking: www.combinedinsurance.com/blog
Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurance company. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. As an underwriting company, we assess, assume and manage risk with insight and discipline. We service and pay our claims fairly and promptly. The company is also defined by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength and local operations globally. Parent company
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/combined-insurance-educates-consumers-during-breast-cancer-awareness-month-300343929.html