|Targeted News Service|
Also today, DWD released the latest available
Monthly Estimates: Lowest Unemployment Rate Since 2008; State adds 7,600 Private-Sector Jobs
The BLS publishes monthly estimates to measure employment and unemployment:
* Local Area Unemployment Statistics (LAUS): compiled from a monthly survey of 1,450 households. Measures the labor force, employment, unemployment, and the unemployment rate.
* Current Employment Statistics (CES): compiled from a monthly survey sent to about 5,500 employers (3.5% of
In addition to the monthly estimates, the Quarterly Census of Employment and Wages (QCEW) is compiled based on
Highlights from the latest job counts, when compared to BLS published data for 2012, include:
* Professional and business services saw a 3.8% increase jobs, or a gain of 11,215 jobs. This category includes temporary employment agencies, which other industries such as manufacturing and information use as a labor management resource to fill openings.
* Wages by covered private-sector employers grew by 2.2% year over year.
Highlights of actual jobs data for calendar years 2011, 2012 and 2013, when combined with monthly estimates through
* The private sector job gains under
DWD Secretary Newson issued the following statement on the latest quarterly data: "After losing 133,000 private sector jobs during the four years before
Other indicators that help illustrate the state of
* Initial weekly
* Personal income grew faster than the U.S. in 2013 and our per capita personal income growth was 7th in the nation, ahead of
|Copyright:||(c) 2014 Targeted News Service|