|Federal Information & News Dispatch, Inc.|
Notice Type: Sources Sought Notice
Subject: Illumina HiSeq 2500 Sequencer
Classification Code: 66 - Instruments & laboratory equipment
Solicitation Number: HHS-NIH-NHLBI-CSB-(HG)-SBSS-2014-094-DLM
Place of Performance (address): NIH/Building 50Bethesda, MD
Place of Performance (zipcode): 20892
Place of Performance Country: US
This is a Small Business Sources Sought notice. This is NOT a solicitation for proposals, proposal abstracts, or quotations. The purpose of this notice is to obtain information regarding: (1) the availability and capability of qualified small business sources; (2) whether they are small businesses; HUBZone small businesses; service-disabled, veteran-owned small businesses; 8(a) small businesses; veteran-owned small businesses; woman-owned small businesses; or small disadvantaged businesses; and (3) their size classification relative to the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code for the proposed acquisition. Your responses to the information requested will assist the Government in determining the appropriate acquisition method, including whether a set-aside is possible. An organization that is not considered a small business under the applicable NAICS code should not submit a response to this notice." HiSeq 2500, (Specified Brand Name:
The National Human Genome Research Institute NHGRI), NIH Intramural Sequencing Center (NISC) is a high-throughput sequencing center supporting all institutes within the NIH. NISC has served the NIH community for over 15 years as a source for high-quality large-scale sequencing and analysis. As next generation sequencing applications expand, so does the demand for NISC services. NISC currently has one (1) HiSeq 25000, three (3) MiSeq Systems, three (3)
The HiSeq 2500 System provides ultra-high output and speed. In a single run one is able to sequence more than 5 human genomes at ~30x coverage. The HiSeq 2500 system is able to process a diverse set of samples within one flow cell, and with the highest data quality currently available. Another key factor in this selection is that this instrument is able to run in an alternate rapid mode which would allow the researchers to decrease turnaround time by many weeks. This is a critical consideration for projects impacting patient diagnosis. The HiSeq 2500 can be switched between a high throughput mode and rapid turnaround run mode. In high throughput run mode, similar to the HiSeq 2000, the HiSeq 2500 enables sequencing of a large number of genomes, exomes, or transcriptomes in a single run, allowing large studies to be completed with the fewest number of runs. In rapid run mode, the HiSeq 2500 is capable of sequencing a 30x genome in a day or completing fast multiplexed applications such as exome resequencing or RNA-Seq. The rapid run time includes automated, on-instrument cluster generation, and paired-end sequencing, with no user intervention needed throughout the entire process. B. PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES:
The HiSeq 2500 also allows researchers to process samples by a single method that is compatible with HiSeq 2000 and HiSeq 2500. This simplifies the NISC lab processes, minimizing labor and equipment costs, and gives researchers the flexibility to route samples to either machine type depending on the needs of the project and machine availability. The high speed of the HiSeq 2500, means that reagents sit out for a shorter period of time and decay to a lesser degree during the run. The result is longer, more accurate reads (300 vs 200 bases). This allows NISC to expand the sequencing applications supported on this platform, as some supplications require longer reads.
1. HiSeq 2500, Catalog Number: SY-401-2501, Quantity: One (1). 2. Shipping and Insurance.
C. SCOPE OF WORK:
* Must be able to run the same chemistry as HiSeq 2000, MiSeq, and Genome Analyzer IIx Systems. * Run time for 200 base run must be under 30 hours. * Data should be able to be processed through NISC's data analysis software. * Preparation time for samples to load on the sequencer should take about a day. * Read length at least 150 bp. * Produce paired-end reads of 60 million per run. * Reagents are in convenient volumes and are ready-to-load. * Oil is not required for the optics. * Straightforward protocols that require no beads or emulsions. * System should be able to perform amplification, sequencing and data analysis in one unit.
Inspection and Acceptance Requirements:
* Upon arrival of equipment to destination, the package must be undamaged. * In the installation of the equipment, all parts including computer must be functional and running in proper order.
D. ANTICIPATED PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE:
Delivery will be within 4-6 weeks of receiving approved contract award.
E. CAPABILITY STATEMENT/INFORMATION SOUGHT: Interested parties are expected to review this notice to familiarize itself with the requirements of this project. Failure to do so will be at your firm's own risk. The following information shall be included in the capability statement: 1. A general overview of the respondents' opinions about the difficulty and /or feasibility of the potential requirement, and any information regarding innovative ideas or concepts.
2. Information in sufficient details of the respondents' (a) staff expertise, including their availability, experience, and formal and other training; (b) current in-house capability and capacity to perform the work; (c) prior completed projects of similar nature; (d) corporate experience and management capability; and (e) examples of prior completed Government contracts, references, and other related information.
3. The respondents' DUNS number, organization name, address, point of contact, and size and type of business (e.g., 8(a), HUBZone, etc) pursuant to the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code: 334516 Analytical Laboratory Instrument Manufacturing, small business size standard is 500 Employees.
4. Any other information that may be helpful in developing or finalizing the requirements of the potential acquisition.
5. The capability statement shall not exceed 10 single-sided pages (including all attachments, resumes, charts, etc.) presented in single-space and using a 12-point font size minimum, in either Microsoft Word or Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF), with 8-1/2 by 11 inch paper size, and 1 inch top, bottom, left and right margins.
6. All proprietary information should be marked as such. Statements should also include an indication of current certified small business status; this indication should be clearly marked on the first page of your capability statement (preferably placed under the eligible small business concern's name and address). Responses will be reviewed only by NIH personnel and will be held in a confidential manner.
F. CLOSING STATEMENT:
The capability statement should be submitted electronically (via email) to
This Sources Sought Notice (SS) is for information and planning purposes only and shall not be construed as a solicitation or as an obligation on the part of the National Heart, Lung, and
The NHLBI does not intend to award a contract on the basis of responses nor otherwise pay for the preparation of any information submitted. As a result of this notice, the NHLBI may issue a Request for Quote (RFQ).
THERE IS NO SOLICITATION AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME. However, should such a requirement materialize, no basis for claims against NHLBI shall arise as a result of a response to this notice or the NHLBI's use of such information as either part of our evaluation process or in developing specifications for any subsequent requirement.
"Disclaimer and Important Notes. This notice does not obligate the Government to award a contract or otherwise pay for the information provided in response. The Government reserves the right to use information provided by respondents for any purpose deemed necessary and legally appropriate. Any organization responding to this notice should ensure that its response is complete and sufficiently detailed to allow the Government to determine the organization's qualifications to perform the work. Respondents are advised that the Government is under no obligation to acknowledge receipt of the information received or provide feedback to respondents with respect to any information submitted. After a review of the responses received, a pre-solicitation synopsis and solicitation may be published in Federal Business Opportunities. However, responses to this notice will not be considered adequate responses to a solicitation.
Confidentiality. No proprietary, classified, confidential, or sensitive information should be included in your response. The Government reserves the right to use any non-proprietary technical information in any resultant solicitation(s)."
|Copyright:||(c) 2013 Federal Information & News Dispatch, Inc.|