Not surprisingly, seniors understand the difficult situation in which we find ourselves and are willing to do their part. However, they want to see the government focus on its own financial role in this situation. As the results show, they want government pay brought in line with private health care administrative pay. They want competitive bidding, and they want greater efficiency in the government run program.
Generation America (GenerationAmerica.org) has forwarded the results of its members' responses to the President of
Below are the key findings:
- 85.6% believe the quality of their care is going to be negatively affected by additional cuts in payments to doctors and hospitals.
- 92.9% enthusiastically support competitive bidding for service providers and insurance companies to bring costs down.
- 91.3% are in favor of additional spending to eradicate corruption and bring costs down.
- 92.5% are in favor of a federal wage freeze until such time that the federal worker pay is in line with private sector pay.
- 95% are in favor of bringing government internal costs in line with private sector health care overhead costs.
- 73.2% are in favor of increasing eligibility age to 67 from 65.
- 61.3% are in favor of higher premiums for wealthier Americans, although they want to see the definition of wealthier. A number of comments suggest that it should be the same
$250,000income threshold that has been established for capital gains.
- 58.7% are in favor of the proposal to move catastrophic care to
Medicare, knowing deductibles and co-pays will be affected.
Generation America was founded to give seniors an unbiased voice in
SOURCE Generation America
|Source:||PR Newswire Association LLC|