|PR Newswire Association LLC|
"As global markets, national economies and industries search for innovative and efficient solutions to fundamental issues and new technologies disrupt the status quo, there is an unprecedented opportunity for companies to create long-term shareholder value," says
- Organizations expect uncertainty to continue.
Among respondents, 84 percent report that their organizations are exposed to the same or more uncertainty today than they were three years ago.
- Top risk concerns have shifted.
Focus is on competitors and customers rather than macro-economic factors:
- Financial factors such as credit, liquidity, interest rate, currency, and FX risk (26 percent)
- External factors such as country risk, regulatory risk, natural disaster (25 percent)
- Business operations, such as supply chain disruptions, production interruptions, litigation, labor outsourcing, and IT (23 percent)
- At the highest management levels, risk matters.
Over 90 percent of financial professionals note that risk management is either "very important" or "important" at the executive management level.
- Successful companies foster cooperation between FP&A and risk management.
Cooperation between these functions improves the quality of inputs from across business units, providing the executive team with better business insights for strategic planning and forecasting.
"We are finding that companies have better insight into risk when they coordinate risk management with the financial planning and analysis function," says
ABOUT THE SURVEY
ABOUT OLIVER WYMAN
With offices in 50+ cities across 25 countries, Oliver Wyman is global leader in management consulting that combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. Oliver Wyman is a wholly owned subsidiary of