St. Louis - A New Book from the Expert on Annuity Taxation and Suitability
November 20, 2012 - Annuity advisor, expert witness and coauthor of The Advisor's Guide To Annuities and Index Annuities: A Suitable Approach, John Olsen, CLU, ChFC, AEP has released his new book
Taxation and Suitability of Annuities for the Professional Advisor
Who Buys This Book?
This groundbreaking book was written for anyone who may be called upon to render advice as to how annuities are taxed and when they may be considered appropriate.
Why Buy This Book?
For many years, John Olsen has served as an expert witness in court and arbitration cases involving annuity sales. Sometimes, such cases are brought against an advisor who recommended an annuity that was unsuitable (or structured unsuitably) for the purchaser, but who did not do so intentionally but because he or she simply didn’t know enough about when annuities are or are not appropriate and how they’re taxed to avoid making a bad recommendation. This book is intended to help the reader avoid that condition.
The new book focuses on the often-complex tax issues involving annuities, including –
• the problems in ownership and beneficiary designation that can arise when annuities are owned by, or are payable to, a trust
• Issues presented by jointly held annuities
• The often-ignored question of “whose death triggers which death benefit”
Other chapters are devoted to a discussion of suitability – including -
• The two regimes of “standard of care” and when they may apply to an insurance agent or advisor
• The sections of the Dodd-Frank financial reform law that will affect every sale of any annuity or life insurance product and a detailed discussion of the “12 concern factors” that must be taken into account in every annuity recommendation
• Details of the FINRA and NAIC suitability rules
The retail price of Taxation and Suitability of Annuities for the Professional Advisor is $35, but, for a limited time, it will be available for $29.
Special Limited Time Offer: 2 Books for the price of 1
Get Taxation and Suitability of Annuities for the Professional Advisor and Index Annuities: A Suitable Approach for $59, including shipping – A $35 Savings from full retail price. For details on both and ordering information, go to www.indexannuitybook.com or call 314-255-6531.