The Department of the Treasury and the Internal Revenue Service released new guidance that is “designed to expand the use of income annuities in 401(k) plans.”
(PRWEB) August 30, 2014
NuGrowth Community, the philanthropic arm of Strategic Insurance Software and its parent company NuGrowth Solutions, has donated to seven charities and foundations so far this year.
A highlight of NuGrowth Community's year is often the annual food drive that benefits the Mid-Ohio Foodbank. This past year, NuGrowth Community's donations to the Mid-Ohio Foodbank resulted in 22,000 meals for the hungry in central Ohio. Other benefiting organizations include St. Jude's Children Research Hospital, James Cancer Hospital at The Ohio State University, and the Columbus, Ohio Ronald McDonald House. The full list of philanthropic activities follows:
• Mid-Ohio Food Drive: Collected food donations
• Chili Cook-Off: Collected donations for St. Jude's Children Research Hospital
• NGC March Madness Bracket Challenge: Donations for the Second & 7 Foundation
• Susan Komen Race for the Cure: Participated in the 5K walk/run
• Cornhole Tournament: Collected funds to be used when preparing meals at the Ronald McDonald house in December
• Cornhole Open: Collected donations for James Cancer Research Hospital
• ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: Collected donations to fund ALS research NuGrowth Community meets monthly and all NuGrowth and SIS associates are invited. "We look for charities important to our teammates and work together to come up with creative ways to get the company involved in donating time and money," said Beth Wenning, Director of Organizational Development. "In addition to benefitting the community, associates who don't usually get to work together get to know each other better and have fun during our contests and fund drives we use to collect donations." Many of the donations and fund drives are organized as competitions giving associates a way to bond over friendly competition while helping the community. Activities organized by NuGrowth Community aimed at building camaraderie among associates include
• "Jersey days" when associates can wear their favorite sports team's jersey to work,
• "Food Truck Fridays" when a local food truck is available outside the office for lunch, and
• The third annual golf outing which will be held in September. "NuGrowth Community has grown with our company over the past few years," said Greg Tillar, CEO of NuGrowth Solutions. "It is really enjoyable to watch the individuals in our companies use their skills and talents to help others around central Ohio." About NuGrowth CommunityNuGrowth Community is the philanthropic arm of Strategic Insurance Software and its parent company NuGrowth Solutions. Strategic Insurance Software is the team behind Partner XE insurance software – an innovative web-based insurance agency management system that helps independent agencies streamline workflow and grow their business. Its parent company NuGrowth Solutions is a sales and marketing as a service organization specializing in business development, customer relationship management, and digital marketing. NuGrowth helps B2B companies build world-class sales and marketing organizations using proven, scalable processes for acquiring new clients. Both organizations are located in Columbus, Ohio. Upcoming NuGrowth Community Events
• The Columbus Buddy Walk for Down Syndrome Association – Entry fees fund Down Syndrome Association of Central Ohio.
• Alzheimer's Walk – Accompanying bake sale will raise funds for Alzheimer's research.
• Moustache Movember – Entry fees and voting raise funds for prostate cancer research.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/08/prweb12133376.htm