10 Helpful Links For People Recovering From Metro Detroit Floods
|By Detroit Free Press|
|McClatchy-Tribune Information Services|
1. Flooded basement? Good luck making an insurance claim. Flood damage isn't covered by standard homeowners insurance policies. Click here for more details on the ins-and-outs of filing flood-related insurance claims.
2. Recovering from a flood? Click here for 10 steps to take in getting help and repairing the damage.
3. In the wake of the flooding,
4. This may be the
5. Watch out for cons now that people are starting to repair their storm-ravaged homes and businesses. Click here to learn how to avoid home-repair scams.
6. Freep.com hosted a live chat with a homeowners insurance analyst to answer your questions about filing claims and whether homeowners should invest in flood insurance. Click here to read the chat replay.
8. As metro Detroiters pull sopping-wet family treasures from basements and stuff them into trash bags destined for the landfill, we mourn the loss of those things. Click here to read one
9. Sometimes in a disaster, it's the small things that people do that really matter -- and remind you to be kind. Click here to share your story of how strangers and friends have shown you kindness after the recent flooding.
10. How much rain fell during the great
(c)2014 the Detroit Free Press
Visit the Detroit Free Press at www.freep.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services