|Targeted News Service|
With contract talks affecting more than 18,000
1. Admit patients who need nursing care rather than blocking admission or holding them on gurneys in the Emergency Room.
2. Stop using 'observation status' as a way to circumvent in-patient admissions.
3. Place patients in the appropriate hospital unit so they receive the level of nursing care their health status needs rather than in inappropriate units with lesser staffing that puts them at risk because an RN could not properly monitor them.
4. Stop the premature discharge of patients who still need hospital care which too often places the burden of care on family members to provide continued complex medical care.
5. Guarantee women in labor who arrive in a hospital or ER are seen immediately by an RN and admitted when needed rather than subjecting them to long waits that can harm the mother and baby.
6. Provide needed equipment and replace broken blood pressure machines, medication scanning machines and basic supplies that are often not available leading to delays in patient care.
7. Stop placing pediatric patients on adult floors without proper security processes that put those children at risk from adult patients.
8. Properly staff hospital blood banks at night to reduce delays in care for patients who need blood for emergencies.
9. Improve RN staffing at a number of Kaiser hospitals that face persistent under staffing which puts patients at risk.
10. Reduce Kaiser premiums and co-pays imposed on Kaiser members and patients.
TNS 24KuanRap-140725 30FurigayJof-4808785 30FurigayJof
|Copyright:||(c) 2014 Targeted News Service|