Sony today. Who's next?
RICHMOND, Va., June 27 -- Gov. Terry McAuliffe, D-Va., issued the following news release:
Governor Terry McAuliffe announced additional appointments to his administration today. The appointees will join McAuliffe's administration focused on finding common ground with members of both parties on issues that will grow Virginia's economy and create more jobs across the Commonwealth.
Office of the State Inspector General
June W. Jennings, State Inspector General
June W. Jennings has over 25 years of experience in the Commonwealth of Virginia overseeing and conducting audits and investigations of state agencies. Since July 2012, she has served as the Office's Deputy State Inspector General and was recently appointed as the acting State Inspector General. Prior to joining the Office of the State Inspector General, June was Inspector General for the Virginia Department of Corrections. She is a Certified Public Accountant, Certified Inspector General, a member of the Virginia Association of Chiefs of Police, the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the Institute of Internal Auditors, and the Association of Inspectors General.
Secretariat of Administration
Edgardo Cortes, Commissioner of the Department of Elections
Edgardo Cortes worked for the Virginia State Board of Elections updating the state's Help America Vote Act State Plan and Voting System Certification program. He is the former General Registrar of Fairfax County, responsible for administering elections in the largest county in Virginia. Cortes has served as the Grants Director and then Deputy Director for Policy for the U.S. Election Assistance Commission (EAC). He began working on voting issues as director of a national non-partisan voter registration program focused on Puerto Rican and Latino voters. Cortes holds a Bachelor's degree from Cornell University and a Master's degree in political management from the George Washington University.
Secretariat of Health and Human Resources
Robert "Bob" Brink, Deputy Commissioner for Aging Services, Department for Aging and Rehabilitative Services
Bob Brink has served in the Virginia House of Delegates for 17 years. He is a member of the Appropriations Committee and its Health Subcommittee, and has been a member of the Joint Commission on Health Care since 1998. He is the ranking Democrat on the House Privileges and Elections Committee and serves on the Transportation and Education Committees. Prior to his election to the House of Delegates, Bob served for 15 years as counsel to two Congressional committees and four years as Deputy Assistant Attorney General for Legislative Affairs at the U.S. Department of Justice.
Paula I. Otto, Executive Director, Virginia Lottery
Paula Otto has spent more than 25 years in public service, including 15 years at the Virginia Lottery. Otto was first appointed executive director of the Lottery in 2008 and since then has overseen significant technology upgrades, a new branding effort and record sales and profits. The Lottery will turn over more than $500 million in profits for FY14 to support K-12 public education. Otto served as the Lottery's first communications director when the Lottery was created in 1988, then went to VCU where she was an associate professor and associate director of the Robertson School of Media & Culture. Otto earned a bachelor's degree in Journalism from West Virginia University and a master's degree in Public Communication from American University.
Secretariat of the Commonwealth
Art and Architectural Review Board
* Sanford Bond of Richmond, Architect, 3North
* Robert S. Mills of Richmond, Principal/Architect, Commonwealth Architects
* Faithe Norrell of Henrico, Library Media Specialist/Painter, Richmond Public Schools
* Burchell Pinnock of Richmond, Principal/Architect, Baskervill
* Helen A. Wilson of Albemarle, Landscape Architect, University of Virginia
Board for Barbers and Cosmetology
* Daniel Jones of Roanoke, Owner, Asylum Studios Tattoo and Body Piercing
* Robert D. Jones, II of Richmond, Owner and Master Barber, Parkside Barbershop & Grooming Lounge
* Anne R. McCaffrey of Richmond, Director of Development and Scholarships, Virginia's Community Colleges
* Jonathan W. Minor* of Quinton, Master Barber and Cosmetology Salon Owner, JT's Barber and Beauty
* Lonnie Quesenberry of North Tazewell, Retired Cosmetology Teacher
* Tony Williams of Mechanicsville, Master Stylist, Karina's Salon
Board of Coal Mining Examiners
* Bennie B. Johnson of Lebanon, Shift Supervisor, Alpha Natural Resources
Board for Housing and Community Development
* John W. Ainslie, Jr.* of Virginia Beach, President of Construction, Ainslie Group, Inc.
* Shekar Narasimhan of Dunn Loring, Managing Partner, Beekman Advisors and Chairman, Papillon Capital
* Thomas I. Shields, Jr.* of Waynesboro, President, Shields Construction Co., Inc.
Board of Directors of the Virginia Tourism Authority
* Paul H. van Leeuwen of Virginia Beach, President - Professional Hospitality Resources, Gold Key/PHR Hotels & Resorts
* Terry L. Stroud of Midlothian, Chief Operating Officer, In Your Ear Studios
Capitol Square Preservation Council
* Annie Kasper of Richmond, Chairman & Shareholder, Kasper Mortgage Capital, LLC
Commission on Youth
* Deirdre (Dede) Goldsmith, of Abingdon, Drug Awareness Advocate
Governor's Commemorative Commission Honoring the Contributions of the Women of Virginia
* Krysta N. Jones of Arlington, Outreach Director, U. S. House of Representatives
Poet Laureate of Virginia
* Ron Smith of Richmond, Writer-in-Residence and George O. Squires Chair of Distinguished Teaching, St. Christopher's School
Real Estate Board
* Jennifer Boysko of Herndon, Staff Aide, Dranesville Supervisor John Foust
* Antonio M. Elias of Charlottesville, Student, University of Virginia School of Law
* Sandra W. Ferebee* of Norfolk, Chairman Emeritus, Prudential Towne Realty
* Joseph K. Funkhouser, II* of Harrisonburg, President, Funkhouser & Associates, Inc.
Southern Virginia Higher Education Board of Trustees
* Douglas E. Lee of Lynchburg, Vice President, B&W mPower Engineering, The Babcock & Wilcox Company
* Charlette T. Woolridge of Brunswick, County Administrator, County of Brunswick
State Board of Corrections
* John F. Anderson, Jr. of Winchester, Retired, Senior Probation Officer, Virginia Department of Corrections
* Reverend Dr. Yvonne Jones Bibbs of Richmond, Pastor, Sixth Baptist Church
* Phyllis J. Randall of Lansdowne, Mental Health/Substance Abuse Therapist
* Bobby N. Vassar, JD of Richmond, Assistant to the President, Bay Aging; former Chief Counsel to the Minority Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism and Homeland Security, House Judiciary Committee
State Emergency Medical Services Advisory Board
* Michel B. Aboutanos, MD MPH FACS of Richmond,Professor and Chief, Division of Acute Care Surgery, Medical Director VCU Trauma Center, Virginia Commonwealth University Health System
* The Honorable Sherrin Cherrell Alsop of Newtown,Member, Board of Supervisors, King and Queen County
* Gary Critzer* of Waynesboro, Director, Department of Emergency Management and Emergency Medical Services, City of Waynesboro
* Valeta C. Daniels of Richmond, Emergency Medical Services Liaison, Henrico Doctors Hospital, Parham Doctors', Retreat Doctors Hospitals, West Creek and Hanover Emergency Centers
* Lisa M. Dodd, DO of Mechanicsville, Emergency Medicine Physician, Virginia Commonwealth University Health System (MCV)
* Jason D. Ferguson of Daleville, Division Chief, Fire and EMS Operations, County of Botetourt
* S. Denene Hannon of Salem,EMT-I and Paramedic Volunteer, Salem Rescue Squad
* Jon Henschel of New Market, Battalion Chief, Winchester Fire and Rescue Department
* H. David Hoback* of Roanoke, Chief, CFOD, EFO Roanoke Fire-EMS Department
* Sudha Jayaraman, MD, MSc of Richmond, Assistant Professor of Surgery, Division of Trauma, Critical Care and Emergency Surgery, Virginia Commonwealth University
* Jason Jenkins of Haymarket, Battalion Chief, Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department
* Cheryl Lawson, MD, FACEP of Newport News, Medical Director of EMS - Peninsulas EMS
* Marilyn McLeod*, MD, FACEP, of Lynchburg, Medical Director of Centra One Air Services/Medflight, Regional Medical Director, Blue Ridge EMS
* Christopher L. Parker, BSN, RN, CEN, CPEN, NRP, CCEMTP of Lynchburg, Lynchburg General Hospital; EMS Flight Nurse, Centra One; Educator, Faculty, Central Virginia Community College
* Anita Perry*, RN, MSN, CEN, AAS/NREMT-P, CMTE of Abingdon, System Director of Flight Services, Wellmont Health System
* Jose V. Salazar, MPH, NREMT-P of Sterling, Deputy Chief of EMS and Training, Loudoun County Fire and Rescue
* Daniel C. Wildman of Fredericksburg, Vice President/Owner, LifeCare Medical Transports, Inc.
Virginia Council on the Interstate Compact on Educational Opportunity for Military Children
* Steven R. Staples of Williamsburg, Superintendent of Public Instruction, Virginia Department of Education
Virginia Housing Development Authority
* Lemella Y. Carrington of Richmond, Environment Service Specialist, Bon Secours Health Care
* Timothy M. Chapman* of Reston, Managing Member, Chapman Development LLC
Virginia Marine Resources Commission
* Chad Ballard, III of Norfolk, President, Ballard Fish & Oyster Co., Inc.
* Captain John E. Zydron, Sr. of Chesapeake, United States Coast Guard Merchant Marine Officer
Virginia Offshore Wind Development Authority
* Mary C. Doswell* of Richmond, Senior Vice President of Retail and Alternative Energy Solutions, Dominion Resources
* Phillip S. Green of Falls Church, President, Green Powered Technology
* Deborah E. Miller of Annandale, Principal, Green Strategy Associates
Virginia Port Authority
* J. William Cofer of Virginia Beach, President, Virginia Pilot Association
* John Pullen* of Henrico, Chief Growth Officer, Luck Companies
Virginia Public School Authority Board of Commissioners
* Jay Bhandari of Vienna, President, Jay Insurance
Virginia Soil and Water Conservation Board
* Jerry L. Ingle* of Jonesville, President, New Image Fencing, Inc.
* Stephen Lohr* of Broadway, Owner and Operator, Endless View Farm
* Denotes reappointment
TNS 24KuanRap-140628 30FurigayJof-4782644 30FurigayJof