|PR Newswire Association LLC|
NATIONAL HARBOR, Md.,
"Firewalls need to keep up with tech shifts from on-premises, desktop, dedicated server hardware to mobile, virtualized and cloud computing platforms," said
The latest version of the Barracuda NG Firewall includes capabilities such as:
- Full user awareness for Windows Remote Desktop Services. Barracuda NG Firewall rules can be user aware even when multiple users on a Remote Desktop Server are behind a single IP address. The latest version of Barracuda NG Firewall adds another integration that makes use of a small, lightweight transparent client that simplifies integration and does not rely on external authentication protocols.
- Support for Hyper-V virtualization. Barracuda NG Firewall Vx virtual appliances can be deployed on Microsoft Hyper-V servers, in addition to VMware.
- Extended support for Microsoft Azure cloud. The latest Barracuda NG Firewall version now supports next-generation firewalling capabilities and high speed (>1 Gbps) site-to-site secure remote access from on-premises networks to Microsoft Azure or Vnets within Microsoft Azure. It enables organizations to deploy securely interconnected multi-zone network architectures. For more information, visit http://cuda.co/ngfw-azure.
Additionally, concurrent with these new capabilities, Barracuda has released other features in the Barracuda NG Firewall version 5.4.3 that continue to support its leading next-generation firewall capabilities, including:
- Application-based dynamic uplink selection. In addition to using application awareness capabilities to block or allow traffic, the Barracuda NG Firewall application-based dynamic uplink selection provides traffic prioritization, improved Quality of Service (QoS) and faster performance for accessing services on the Internet.
- New application usage and risk reports. This latest Barracuda NG Firewall version provides new reports that help administrators enforce Internet usage policies and offers recommendations for redefining policies based on risk.
- Higher performance antivirus scanning. Re-architected to provide higher performance, the Barracuda NG Firewall utilizes a single-pass, antivirus scanning architecture that inspects both unencrypted and SSL-encrypted traffic.
Continued Industry Leadership
According to the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Network Firewalls report in
The Barracuda NG Firewall is designed to protect edge deployments, especially in environments with limited IT resources. Further, as companies move to public cloud environments like Microsoft Azure, hybrid architecture like Barracuda's becomes increasingly important.
Thomas Kaliwoda, VP of Network at
Barracuda will host a Solution Provider Session titled Federating Security Using Physical, Virtual, Public Cloud and Hosted Deployments at the GARTNER Security & Risk Management Summit on
- Thomas Kaliwoda, VP IT Infrastructure Services,
Steve Pao, GM Security, Barracuda
Todd Stoeterau, Network Manager, Silversea Cruise
Pricing and Availability
Barracuda NG Firewall version 5.4.3 is immediately available at no additional charge to existing customers on the current hardware platform with an active Energize Update subscription. The Barracuda NG Firewall U.S. list price starts at
The Barracuda NG Firewall Vx is a virtual appliance that runs on both VMware and Hyper-V environments and is sized based on target numbers of users. Pricing for virtual appliances starts at U.S. list price
The Barracuda NG Firewall in Microsoft Azure is available today, sold on an annual basis. User licenses can be purchased through traditional channels, and customers can then use that license to provision the application in Microsoft Azure.
Barracuda provides cloud-connected security and storage solutions that simplify IT. These powerful, easy-to-use and affordable solutions are trusted by more than 150,000 organizations worldwide and are delivered in appliance, virtual appliance, cloud and hybrid deployments. Barracuda's customer-centric business model focuses on delivering high-value, subscription-based IT solutions that provide end-to-end network and data security. For additional information, please visit http://www.barracuda.com.
About Gartner Security & Risk ManagementSummit
The Gartner Security & Risk Management Summit features six programs focusing on IT Security, risk management and compliance, business continuity management, chief information security officer (CISO) roles and the marketplace for security to deliver detailed, role-specific content and networking. Each program offers a full agenda of analyst sessions, keynotes, round-table discussions, case studies, workshops and more. Additional information is available at www.gartner.com/us/securityrisk.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements regarding the functionality and performance of Barracuda NG Firewall products. You should not place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements because they involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that are, in some cases, beyond the Company's control and that could cause the Company's results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Factors that could materially affect the Company's business and financial are set forth in the Company's filings with the