According to a recent study of 2,000 'over 40s' commissioned by comparison website http://www.PayingTooMuch.com, retirement used to be seen as the start of old age by 92 per cent of 'over 40s' whereas today they see it as the start of a new part of life.
However, 40 per cent of those surveyed said they would or may put off important financial decisions. 55 per cent did not have life insurance in place and 68 per cent of those never intend taking it out, 34 per cent did not have a pension in place, and 50 per cent did not have a will.
People now in fact think age 80 is the new 'old' as people in later life are living longer (85 per cent), leading more active lifestyles (65 per cent), working later (57 per cent), are healthier (56 per cent) and are more independent (47 per cent). Thirty years ago 77 per cent of people thought between 40 and 70 was old.
From the survey, the top six signs of getting old were:
1. Falling asleep watching TV or reading the paper according to 44 per cent of women and 37 per cent of men.
2. Becoming forgetful according to 41 per cent of women and 36 per cent of men.
3. Groaning when getting up from a chair or out of bed according to 42 per cent of women and 33 per cent of men.
4. Saying "back in my day" according to 38 per cent of women and 28 per cent of men.
5. Choosing clothes for comfort rather than style - 40 per cent of women and 23 per cent of men thought this.
6. Repeating yourself - 35 per cent of women thought this and 27 per cent of men.
87 per cent of people overall also didn't stop doing something because they were worried it made them look old (84 per cent women and 89 per cent men)
93 per cent felt they are only as old as they feel and 82 per cent felt younger than their actual age with a fifth, 20 per cent thinking by 16 years or more.
For further information please contact:
Tel 01243 784000
Tel 0207 100 3960
Notes to Editors:
Research was undertaken by OnePoll, members of ESOMAR, the essential organisation for encouraging, advancing and elevating market research worldwide
payingtoomuch.com was founded in 2011 by
It prides itself on providing quality customer service, with each customer being assigned a personal representative, and help and information always being available via telephone for its wide range of products.
payingtoomuch.com's goal is to be the best, most up to date and unbiased comparison service in the
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/06/prweb11945907.htm
|Copyright:||(c) 2014 PRWEB.COM Newswire|