Most of us say "thanks" without thinking.
WASHINGTON, D.C. - Congressman Mike Fitzpatrick (PA-8) this week introduced H.R. 4550 - legislation which would extend currently expired Emergency Unemployment Insurance (EUI) while advancing pro-jobs legislation.
"There is no doubt that millions of honest, hardworking American families have been left behind in the president's economy. Long term unemployment is up, job growth has slowed under the weight of his healthcare law, and nearly three-quarters of Americans are living paycheck-to-paycheck," Fitzpatrick said in a letter to Speaker John Boehner. "However, we cannot - and should not - punish the thousands of people across the country for the inability to find employment because of the president's failure to lead on the right priorities. I intend to introduce a bill... which would amend the Senate proposal with provisions to help those seeking work."
Fitzpatrick's legislation would amend the EUI extension bill passed by the Senate to include six jobs bills introduced by Fitzpatrick, including:
* H.R. 51, Hire Just One Act of 2013 - provides businesses with employment assistance vouchers to incentivize new hiring.
* H.R. 2906, Fairness to Veterans for Infrastructure Investment Act of 2013 - to include U.S. military veteran owned businesses as DBEs eligible for contracting set asides under Map-21.
* H.R. 2664, Made in America Act of 2013 - creates the American Star program, to provide improved labelling of American made, manufactured, and assembled goods.
* H.R. 2629, Fostering Innovation Act of 2013 - reduces regulatory burdens on small publicly held companies by expanding certain filing requirement exemptions with the SEC.
* H.R. 2084, Partnership to Build American Act of 2013 - establishes an infrastructure bank capitalized by private sectors earnings in exchange for a tax break that would allow U.S. companies to repatriate their foreign earnings.
Language that would accelerate the approval and construction process for the Keystone pipeline.
Read this original document at: http://fitzpatrick.house.gov/press-release/fitzpatrick-bill-extends-unemployment-insurance-create-jobs