According to a Wall Street Journal article, New York Department of Financial Services Superintendent Benjamin Lawsky has asked 134 insurers in the state to provide information about IUL illustrations....
Annual Survey by GreatInsuranceJobs.com
Contact: Roger Lear, Co-Founder, GreatInsuranceJobs.com
April 1, 2014 – Orlando, FL – Eight out of every 10 insurance companies surveyed by GreatInsuranceJobs.com indicated they had at least one job open currently. In a comprehensive survey of 114 insurance companies, GreatInsuranceJobs.com reports 10,000 open and available jobs across the nation in the insurance industry. On top of that, the survey projected an additional 18,000 more by the end of this year. The survey and its findings were released today and are posted on GreatInsuranceJobs.com.
“If you are looking for a job in the insurance industry, you don’t have to look far,” according to Scott Kotroba, President and CEO of GreatInsuranceJobs.com. “The overall hiring outlook is the most positive we have seen in the last six years. Employers are preparing to hire numerous employees in almost every insurance discipline. Standing out at the top of most companies recruiting list is the need for sales professionals.”
- 42% of surveyed companies indicated that hiring would be better in 2014 when compared to 2013. (41% of respondents said the same in 2013.)
- 84% of companies currently have open jobs. (84% in 2013.)
- The top six insurance jobs being recruited for are sales positions, claims adjusters, account managers, customer service, call center and IT.
- Skilled insurance industry professionals are extremely hard to find.
- Unqualified applicants are filling up applicant tracking systems of major insurance companies, causing work overload in human resource departments.
- The recession is over but recruiting departments have not increased in size or budgets resulting in them having a disadvantage in the hiring of top talent.
GreatInsuranceJobs.com surveyed 114 insurance entities from across the United States by phone and asked them seven questions about their current and projected open positions, along with the challenges they are facing.
For more on this survey, including a full listing of open jobs at the companies surveyed, download the entire whitepaper at greatinsurancejobs.com/whitepaper. Media interviews are available upon request.
“This report was very clear that insurance human resource departments are overworked,” says Kotroba. “Many of these departments are trying to fill the needs they have today, and can’t yet get capacity to build their pipeline for future hires. This is an ongoing issue we will continue to see in the insurance industry for years to come, a legacy of the great recession as well as a Baby Boomer workforce who are retiring in great numbers in coming years.”
GreatInsuranceJobs.com is the nation’s pre-eminent insurance employment Network, and the only digital job board optimized for mobile, on-the-go usage by jobseekers. With more than 194,500 visitors per month, and every major insurance company posting open positions, there is no better place to find an insurance job. The site was founded in 2005 by Roger Lear and Scott Kotroba. The GreatInsuranceJobs.com network includes InsuranceSalesJobs.com, UltimateInsuranceJobs.com, GreatInsuranceRecruiters.com and GreatJobSpot.com.
# # #