The mid-term congressional election is less than two months away and some observers wonder whether the event will be all about nothing.
by KAREN NARAG Targeted News Service
WASHINGTON, April 2 -- The Internal Revenue Service has sent to Senate, pursuant to law, four rule reports. These were all forwarded to the Senate Finance Committee on March 19.
The rule reports are:
* "Update for Weighted Average Interest Rates, Yield Curves, and Segment Rates" (Notice 2014-16)
* "Correction to Revenue Procedure 2014-4" (Rev. Proc. 2014-19)
* "Interim Guidance on Per Capita Distributions Made to Indian Tribe Members from Funds Held in Trust by the Secretary of the Interior" (Notice 2014-17)
* "Information Reporting by Applicable Large Employers on Health Insurance Coverage Offered Under Employer-Sponsored Plans" (RIN1545-BL26)
* "Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act; Third Party Payment of Qualified Health Plan Premiums" (RIN0938-AS28)
The Senate also received executive communications from other federal agencies and these are all forwarded to the Senate Finance Committee. They included:
* The Health and Human Services has sent, pursuant to law, the fiscal year 2013 report of the Department of Health and Human Services' Federal Coordinated Health Care Office; and a report entitled "Recovery Auditing in the Medicare and Medicaid Program for Fiscal Year 201".
* The National Railroad Retirement Investment Trust has sent, pursuant to law, an annual management report regarding its operations and financial condition.
* The chairman of the Medicaid and CHIP Payment and Access Commission has sent, pursuant to law, a report entitled "Report to Congress on Medicaid and CHIP".
* The chairman of the Medicare Payment Advisory Commission has sent, pursuant to law, a report entitled "Report to the Congress: Medicare Payment Policy".
For more information about Targeted News Service products and services, please contact: Myron Struck, editor, Targeted News Service LLC, Springfield, Va., 703/304-1897; [email protected]; http://targetednews.com.