Feb. 21--CANTON -- The Canton Area School Board accepted the contract between the school district and the Canton Area Education Association (CAEA) at its meeting Thursday night.
The contract is dated July 1, 2012 through June 30, 2015, and is contingent upon the mutual agreement of both parties in an MOU (Memorandum of Understanding) regarding the new HRA (Health Reimbursement Account) health insurance plan.
"It was a good compromise," said Deb Fitzwater, president of the CAEA.
District business manager Mark Jannone also expressed satisfaction.
Look for more details of the agreement in a future addition of The Daily Review.
In other business, the board:
- Accepted the resignation of Barry Morgan, tech assistant, effective the end of business March 28. He was commended for his work.
- Approved the following athletic coaches for the 2013-14 school year, effective immediately, pending completion of all paperwork: Jill Ward, softball head coach, Step 1, $4,003; Jake Shaffer, softball assistant coach, Step 1, $3,438; and Casey Aylesworth, assistant boys and girls track coach, Step 1, $3,438
- Approved the following additions to the volunteer list, pending completion of all paperwork: softball coaches Tyrell Wheeler, Angela Schoonover, Terilyn Anderson, Chelsie Apker, and Janelle VanNoy; baseball coaches Jay Perry, Mark Cordeiro, Craig Route, and Brian Peterson; track coaches Ron Kirby, Steve Williams, Tim Ward, and Melissa Proseus; and football coaches Ronnie Lee and Dave Knecht
- Approved second readings of the revised field trips policy and the revised evaluation of employees policy
- Approved the first reading of the revised non-school organizations/groups/individuals and revised use of video surveillance cameras policies; it was noted that the bus video policy is outdated and redundant and needs to be deleted
- Accepted the district strategic comprehensive plan and approved the updated 2013-14 district calendar
- Accepted the new scholarship award titled "Gerald D. Avery Sr. Memorial Award"
- Approved the proposed 2014-15 IU 17 general operations budget and accepted the Security Flex 125 Program Flexible Spending Account Service Agreement
Eric Hrin can be reached at (570) 297-5251; email: [email protected].
(c)2014 The Daily Review (Towanda, Pa.)
Visit The Daily Review (Towanda, Pa.) at thedailyreview.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services