Now that the initial enrollment period for health care is over, it's time to sift through the data and get ready for the next enrollment period.
The bags are packed; the car is too. Along with mapping the route, Allstate recommends prepping the car so travelers don't end up stranded on the side of the road...
NORTHBROOK, Ill., Dec. 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The bags are packed; the car is too. Millions of people across the country will be hitting the road this week traveling to see family and friends over the holidays. Along with mapping the route, Allstate recommends prepping the car so travelers don't end up stranded on the side of the road.
New data1 from Allstate Roadside Services shows more than half (55 percent) of all calls to its call center are from people who have mechanical problems and require a tow to a repair shop. The remaining 45 percent of the calls are non-tow related. The majority of those non-tow incidences are requests for help changing a tire, unlocking a locked vehicle, getting gas delivered or jumpstarting a dead battery. Here's the breakdown of non-tow related incidences:
"The holidays are a busy time for families. As they run here and there to shop and prepare their homes, they may forget about preparing the car before traveling," said Anthony Royer, president of Allstate Roadside Services. "Allstate Roadside Services is one of the nation's leading providers of roadside assistance. We're here to help when people have problems on the road."
More calls come in to Allstate Roadside representatives during the week than on the weekend, with the highest level of dispatches happening on Mondays.
Make Sure Your Car Is Ready for the Road
When taking a road trip, be ready in case something unexpected happens while you're driving. Allstate Roadside Services offers these tips to keep you safe while on your holiday vacation:
Helpful Tips If You Breakdown in Bad Weather
"We want everyone to be safe while on the road. But if something happens, if a breakdown occurs, Allstate Roadside Services is able to help customers at that point of duress and give them best-in-class service," Royer said.
To learn more about roadside assistance visit Allstate Motor Club, http://www.allstatemotorclub.com/amc/about/index.faces, a membership-based service that provides reliable, emergency road assistance 24/7.
About Allstate Roadside Services
Allstate Roadside Services is one of the nation's top motor clubs with more than 55 years of roadside experience supporting the world's most prominent brands. Allstate now offers a suite of roadside services plans to suit a variety of coverage and payment needs. Services include:
Allstate Motor Club, http://www.allstatemotorclub.com/amc/about/index.faces, a membership-based service that provides reliable, emergency road assistance 24/7; Good Hands® Roadside Assistance,http://www.allstate.com/auto-roadside-services/good-hands-roadside.aspx, a service that provides free access to Allstate's 24/7 Roadside Network should your car break down for any reason. This service is available to anyone, not just Allstate customers and offers no annual fees; Towing and Labor Coverage, http://www.allstate.com/auto-insurance/towing-labor-coverage.aspx, is a service that is typically available as part of an Allstate auto insurance policy. For a nominal fee, the coverage applies to each individual car when purchased with an Allstate auto policy. See your policy for coverage details.
The Allstate Corporation (NYSE: ALL) is the nation's largest publicly held personal lines insurer, serving approximately 16 million households through its Allstate, Encompass, Esurance and Answer Financial brand names and Allstate Financial business segment. Allstate branded insurance products (auto, home, life and retirement) and services are offered through Allstate agencies, independent agencies, and Allstate exclusive financial representatives, as well as via www.allstate.com, www.allstate.com/financial and 1-800 Allstate®, and are widely known through the slogan "You're In Good Hands With Allstate®." As part of Allstate's commitment to strengthen local communities, The Allstate Foundation, Allstate employees, agency owners and the corporation provided $29 million in 2012 to thousands of nonprofit organizations and important causes across the United States.
1Based on Allstate Roadside Services' 2013 YTD data of incoming calls from across the country to determine the types of road issues customers were having and whether the driver needed tow service.
SOURCE Allstate Roadside Services; Allstate Corporation