Fire destroys garage on Route 69 in Hampden [Bangor Daily News, Maine]
|By Ryan McLaughlin, Bangor Daily News, Maine|
|McClatchy-Tribune Information Services|
"We were leaving our station on
The garage, located on the property of
"We hit it as hard as we could to try to save the structure," said Coombs.
Water pressure was an issue for firefighters, Coombs explained.
"We ran out of water a couple times," he said. "Unfortunately the structure of the garage was pretty much gone by the time we got here."
Coombs said Gould was outside and uninjured when crews arrived at the scene.
Firefighters were able to save Gould's nearby house from any damage. Coombs said firefighters never entered the garage.
"We were concerned with the chemicals, not knowing what's in there," said Coombs.
The lieutenant said it's unclear if Gould was doing any work inside the garage when the fire broke out. He had oils, greases, chemicals and propane tanks in and near the garage, Coombs said.
Coombs added he is undecided whether the fire marshal's office will be called.
"Once we talk to
(c)2013 the Bangor Daily News (Bangor, Maine)
Visit the Bangor Daily News (Bangor, Maine) at www.bangordailynews.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services