Would you consent to have your life or health insurer monitor your condition via a "wearable" device?
Notice Type: Combine Solicitation
Posted Date: 09-JUL-13
Office Address: Department of Agriculture; Natural Resources Conservation Service; Texas State Office; 101 South Main Street Temple TX 76501-7602
Subject: WRP Preliminary Title Search for Victoria County, Texas
Classification Code: F - Natural resources & conservation services
Solicitation Number: AG-7442-S-13-0042
Contact: Danny Mandell, Contracting Officer, Phone 2547429923, Fax 2547429929, Email email@example.com
Setaside: Total Small BusinessTotal Small Business
Place of Performance Country: US
Description: Department of Agriculture
Natural Resources Conservation Service
Texas State Office
SYNOPSIS: This is a combined synopsis/solicitation for commercial items prepared in accordance with the format in Subpart 12.6, as supplemented with additional information included with this notice. This solicitation includes provisions and clauses in effect through the Federal Acquisition Circular 2005-30. These includes, but are not limited (1) FAR Part 52.212-1, Instructions to Offerors-Commercial; (2) FAR Part 52.212-2, Evaluation-Commercial Items; (3) FAR Part 52.212-3, Offeror Representations and Certifications-Commercial Items; which must be submitted with the offer, in addition, FAR Part 52.212-4, Contract Term and Conditions-Commercial Items and FAR Part 52.212-5, THIS IS A TOTAL SMALL BUSINESS SET-ASIDE. The Small Business size standard is based on the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code 541191, Title Companies and Real Estate, which is $7.0 million average annual income.
SUMMARY: The United States Department of Agriculture Natural Resources Conservation Service, Texas, is seeking a Title Company in the State of Texas to obtain a title search, title evidence (in the form of a Preliminary Title Report (T-7) for the acquisitions of Program easements on behalf of the United States of America, acting by and through the Natural Resources Conservation Services (NRCS) for the Wetland Reserve Program (WRP), Grassland Reserve Program (GRP) and Other easement programs administered by NRCS.
SCOPE OF WORK: The Contractor shall furnish all reasonable and necessary services, to perform the title search, title evidence in the form of a Preliminary Title Report (T-7). All services provided by the Contractor under this solicitation will be in compliance with the forgoing requirements and with the requirements of TX law and the rules and regulations governing the title insurance industry in Texas. a. The Contractor will be provided with the name and address of the landowner, a copy of the deed to the landowner (or other evidence of ownership) and a location map of the proposed program easement and any easement. Within 30 calendar days after receipt of the Notice to Proceed (NTP); the Contractor shall provide to NRCS a Preliminary Title Report (in the form of a T-7, Title Commitment Form) showing the following:
(1) Description of the land on which the program easement and any access easement to be acquired is to be located; (2) Names and addresses of all owner(s) of an interest in the land; (3) Description of the interest owned by each owner (e.g.; "fee simple"); (4) For the period of the title search, all title exceptions and encumbrances on the land on which the program easement and any access easement to be acquired is to be located. b. The period of search for the Preliminary Title Report should be at least 60 years. c. The Preliminary Title Report shall be on a title commitment form (T-7) Contractors Qualification. Contractor must:
1. If an attorney, be licensed to practice law in the State of Texas and be in good standing. If a title company, be qualified and authorized by law to furnish title evidence and title insurance;
2. Be familiar with and experienced in closing real estate transactions, disbursing funds at closing, preparation of title evidence and issuing title insurance policies in Texas. Contractor must have current knowledge of the requirements of Texas law (including title examination standards) concerning title searches, closing real estate transaction, title clearance and issuing title insurance policies;
3. Be experienced, financially responsible and reputable;
4. Must be authorized or licensed to conduct title insurance business in Texas including closing real estate transaction, disbursing funds at closing, disbursing funds at closing, and issuing title insurance policies;
5. Must be able to issue or write a title insurance policy for the acquisition. The title insurance company issuing the title insurance policy must be authorized to conduct business in and to issue title insurance policies in Texas;
6. Maintain a permanent office in Texas;
7. Have no interest in the land to be acquired; and not be related to the sellers of the land.
AWARD: The Government will award a firm-fixed price contract resulting from this solicitation to the responsible offeror whose offer conforming to the solicitation will be most advantageous to the government. The anticipated award date is on or before August 9, 2013.
TIME FRAMES/DATE. The period of performance of this task is estimated to begin August 12, 2013. The entire project: Preliminary Title Search, title evidence (T-7, Title Commitment Form) shall be completed within 30 calendar days from date of the Notice to Proceed (NTP).
PRICE. The Government estimated price range for the project is under $25,000
SUBMITTAL REQUIREMENTS. This is a REQUEST FOR QUOTATION (RFQ) PROCUREMENT. Specific instructions for preparing and submission of quotes are provided in the solicitation. Interested and qualified firms must submit their bids no later than 2:00 pm (CDT), August 8, 2013 to the attention of Danny Mandell, Contracting Officer at the contracting office address listed in this notice.
PREPARATION OF BIDS (NRCS, TX, DEC 2007)
In order to receive complete consideration for award of a contract, prospective contractors are requested to submit bids consisting of the following:
-- Completed STANDARD FORM (SF) 1449, sign and date -- Acknowledgment of any/all Amendments on Standard Form 30, sign and date (if applicable) -- Completed BID SCHEDULE -- Completed the online application for REPRESENTATIONS and CERTIFICATIONS, -- Provide your DUNS number on the front of SF 1449, block 17a. FACSMILE/EMAIL BIDS WILL BE ACCEPTED. Contractors may submit facsimile quotes as response to this solicitation IAW FAR Part 52.214-31 FACSIMILE BIDS (DEC 1989). However, quotation must arrive at the place and by the time, specified in the solicitation. The Government will not be responsible for any failure attributable to the transmission or receipt of the facsimile quote.
Contractors when mailing or hand carrying your RFQ packet, please ensure that the Solicitation No. AG-7442-S-13-0042 is annotated on the outside cover of the RFQ envelope or package.
SAM REGISTRATION: All prospective contractors must register at www.sam.gov, to be considered for an award of a federal contract.
It is the offeror's responsibility to check the FEDBIZOPPS website at: http://www.fedbizopps.gov for any revisions to this announcement or other notices. Email address for inquires is: firstname.lastname@example.org.