When insurance firms launched social media initiatives, the results were rewarding.
(PRWEB UK) 24 December 2012
There is something special about a first car. Passing that test, getting a license and hitting the open road for a chance at freedom is certainly a special event. But before taking off down that road, there are a few things to do first: check the mirrors for proper vision, buckle up, have a license to hand and insurance. Car insurance are on the rise can be expensive but car insurance company Protect Your Bubble, looks at sensible tips to help young drivers keep their premium low. Here they are in no particular order:
1. Car Type – Fast, high powered engines and luxury sports cars are fast, expensive and expensive to insure. Think small, cheap and economical for a first car. A standard, base model with no fancy modifications is cheaper to insure. The more premium the brand, the more expensive the insurance.
2. Drive Safely and Wisely – Having a clean record with no tickets, penalty points, convictions or accidents goes a long way in lowering insurance premiums. Don’t drink and drive or speed. These convictions make insurance almost impossible to obtain and the expense is often out of the reach of many young people. Keeping a clean record during the cover will also earn a “No Claims Bonus” discount for the year of safe driving up to five years.
3. Named or single drivers – If named on an older driver’s policy it could be still possible to build some no claims while keeping the premiums low. If own insurance is purchased, then having other inexperienced named drivers on your policy will increased cost and is best avoided.
4. Limit Mileage – Less driving equals less risk. The less miles expected to be racked up on the clock, the cheaper the insurance. Unfair to some, but the more time spent on the road, the more likely that cover will be needed.
5. Avoid Modifications – Wanting to spruce up a car with lowered suspension or an engine modification is a dream many young drivers have; this will raise the price of premiums and make the car much more attractive to thieves. Not all modifications will increase the prices, but check before making changes to the car.
6. Don’t use incorrect data – Be accurate when completing the insurance application form. If the data put in is not correct it could invalidate the insurance. So make sure the address is correct and if the car is not garaged don’t claim it is.
7. Have Insurance – While this last point may seem silly, it is in fact true. Driving without cover is illegal.
These tips are not mean to dissuade young drivers, but build a clean record now and in a short time the “No Claims Bonus” will be very beneficial. Protect Your Bubble offers car insurance comparison with covers that are affordable. Visit Protect your bubble for additional information and a free quote.
Protect your bubble is an online insurance provider, specialising in great value insurance cover for Mobile phones, Smartphones, iPad, Laptops and more. They also offer travel, home, motor and pet insurance. Quotes can be obtained for your gadgets via the following URLs: Car Hire Excess Insurance: uk.protectyourbubble.com/carhire-insurance/Car Insurance: uk.protectyourbubble.com/car-insurance/Excess Insurance: uk.protectyourbubble.com/excess-insurance/
Find Protect your bubble UK on the following social networks: Facebook: facebook.com/ProtectYourBubble
Twitter: twitter.com/protectyrbubbleYouTube: youtube.com/protectyourbubble
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/12/prweb10262251.htm