Independence Blue Cross, Penn Medicine Announce Philadelphia Health Care Accelerator
This collaboration marks the first time a leading health insurer and a leading health care provider have come together to offer entrepreneurs the resources they need to capitalize on emerging health care opportunities.
The accelerator is named
The accelerator will give each selected company a stipend of up to
"We are deeply committed to translating strategies from discovery to application in clinical practice," stated
With DreamIt's unparalleled network of mentors and its proven curriculum that guides the growth of young technology companies, participants in the accelerator will have the opportunity to rapidly build out their products and services using claims and clinical data as well as other resources. By acquiring potential customer validation, participating companies will be able to accelerate their progress toward raising capital and launching to a broader marketplace. DreamIt has launched 80 companies over the past four years (15 more in
The accelerator encourages applications from companies nationwide that take a broad view of working across the health care industry, including health insurers, physicians, hospitals, and others in the health care industry, to apply technology to the challenges of proactively keeping people healthy, as well as providing more effective and affordable interventions when people get sick. The accelerator seeks applicants nationwide that "think big" and want to take advantage of the resources that come with this unique collaboration among a health insurer, a health system, and DreamIt.
Some of the innovative ideas that the
- connectivity solutions that enable patients, health insurers, hospitals, physicians, other health care professionals, and employers to share data and collaborate in new ways;
- new applications for large-scale data analytics in health care using claims, clinical data, and other information to drive wellness and optimize interventions to treat illness;
- improving medical treatments by standardizing diagnostics and intervention using best practices;
- novel health delivery models, especially focusing on the patient/member experience; consumer and patient engagement tools;
- better management of handoffs among different health care professionals by making sure that there is seamless transition of care and record-keeping;
- health insurance marketing: direct to consumer and exchanges;
- remote monitoring of patients and telehealth solutions.
Applications to participate in
"We want to apply the same spirit of collaboration that enabled us to create this accelerator with
Venturef0rth provides tech startups and early-stage companies a physical home in
This information was brought to you by Cision http://www.cisionwire.com
|Copyright:||2012 GlobeNewswire, Inc.|